Ice Racing RULES!!!

1 reply to this topic
  • Dave_VanBrocklin

Posted January 03, 2002 - 02:20 PM

I tried my hand at ice racing(actually riding, I wouldn't call what I was doing racing!!) I have some friends that have finally talked me into trying it. I coughed up the 500.00 dollars plus for tires(OUCH!!!), rejetted, set the bike up my self, and gave it a try. I cannot believe the amount of traction you get out of studded tires on the ice, simply amazing!! I was dragging my pegs, because I was leaned over so far. My KX was an absolute rocket, but my buddies WR400 was MUCH easier to ride(A little thing called "engine braking")I HIGHLY recommend trying it, if any of you guys get a chance!! Take care !!

Dave

Visit the ThumperTalk Store for the lowest prices on motorcycle / ATV parts and accessories - Guaranteed
  • fsrmatt

Posted January 04, 2002 - 06:53 AM

I also recommend riding the ice! The faster the bike the better! I've been using my old '94 CR500 the last few years but now I'm looking for a new set for the new bike. How's the ice in 'Sconnie? It might be too thin here in MN still. I can't wait to ride again!!!!!

x

Join Our Community!

Even if you don't want to post, registered members get access to tools that make finding & following the good stuff easier.

If you enjoyed reading about "" here in the ThumperTalk archive, you'll LOVE our community. Come join ThumperTalk today!

The views and opinions expressed on this page are strictly those of the author, and have not been reviewed or approved by ThumperTalk.