How hard is the 426 and the 400 to start?

4 replies to this topic
  • Mackan

Posted January 17, 2001 - 03:12 AM

How hard are they to start vs the drz400 non button model.

• MN_Kevin

Posted January 17, 2001 - 03:28 AM

Once you learn the correct drill, which is nothing, they are cake to start. Usually one to three kicks. Not as easy as pushing a button, but easier than many other bikes.

Visit the ThumperTalk Store for the lowest prices on motorcycle / ATV parts and accessories - Guaranteed
  • fred

Posted January 17, 2001 - 04:29 AM

I got my 99 wr400 dialed in.
It will start 3 kicks cold , but after warm one kick..
even if I stall, or lay it over when hill climbing, pull hot start button, one kick..

• Guest_Guest_*

Posted January 17, 2001 - 04:37 AM

I have an 01 426 and am height challenged on it, but once I got the routine down I haven't had a problem.

• yamahalic

Posted January 18, 2001 - 08:30 AM

[I have about 70 trail ridden miles on my WR 426 so far. It starts 1st-2nd kick when cold. It usually starts 1st kick when hot. I don't need the hot start under normal restarting when hot.I went from an 96 XR250R to the WR.
The WR starts easier and stays running easier. QUOTE]

x

Join Our Community!

Even if you don't want to post, registered members get access to tools that make finding & following the good stuff easier.

If you enjoyed reading about "" here in the ThumperTalk archive, you'll LOVE our community. Come join ThumperTalk today!

The views and opinions expressed on this page are strictly those of the author, and have not been reviewed or approved by ThumperTalk.