My Rekluse is awesome

19 replies to this topic
  • fishwater

Posted December 28, 2006 - 07:50 PM

I installed the Rekluse in my 2001 YZ426 today & WOW! What a huge difference. I can not believe how smooth the thing is! The engagement is perfect & the bike just feels so much better. I can not wait to get my handbrake in the mail, I am going to love this bike in the spring :lol:

• LVThumper

Posted December 28, 2006 - 10:36 PM

Congratulations and Welcome to the Club!! You will enjoy the Rekluse more than you can imagine!! :lol:

• torqueme

Posted December 28, 2006 - 11:21 PM

If you're anything like me-the more you ride with the rekluse-the more you'll love it & your 426. Have fun!!

• yz_for_me

Posted December 29, 2006 - 01:06 AM

Sweet! Although I've got to warn you, you have been ruined for riding on any non Rekluse bike from now on.

Have fun!

• YZ426F Rider

Posted December 29, 2006 - 01:33 AM

Right on brotha! It's awesome...I've been feathering clutches since 1975 and I don't miss it one bit!

• 642MX

Posted December 29, 2006 - 06:40 AM

I love my Rekluse too. I don't think I'll ever go back to a standard clutch.

Be sure to check your installed gap after you ride it for the first time. Chances are the gap will have to be reshimmed with a thicker Rekluse plate.

• fishwater

Posted December 29, 2006 - 06:44 AM

I love my Rekluse too. I don't think I'll ever go back to a standard clutch.

Be sure to check your installed gap after you ride it for the first time. Chances are the gap will have to be reshimmed with a thicker Rekluse plate.

I started off with 2 thick shim plates to get the drag pretty tight figuring after the first ride it should be about perfect.

• black_n_blue_thumper

Posted December 29, 2006 - 08:59 PM

Sweet! Although I've got to warn you, you have been ruined for riding on any non Rekluse bike from now on.

Have fun!

You got that right. I am pretty much a retard on a 'regular' bike now. Especially since I installed the hand brake. :crazy: :confused: :confused:

Fishwater, congrats on the Rekluse and install. Welcome to the club. :lol:

• SpceSpff

Posted December 29, 2006 - 09:51 PM

Newb here, could someone explain what all that rekluse stuff does? Thanks :lol:

• byggd

Posted December 30, 2006 - 04:50 AM

Read and learn grasshopper
http://www.rekluse.c...oducts-Pro.html

Visit the ThumperTalk Store for the lowest prices on motorcycle / ATV parts and accessories - Guaranteed
  • djtroy

Posted December 30, 2006 - 07:34 AM

Does anyone have a 2006 450 with it and how much did you pay for it?

• DSMotorsport

Posted December 30, 2006 - 09:21 AM

I have the rekluse on my 06 yz450, best thing I have ever bought for a bike. Never stalls, holeshots like crazy, great traction out of corners for seatbouncing jumps, and lets me concentrate on the track more in tricky spots.

Ill probobly have to buy one for every bike I own now.

I would like to move up the the Pro model as I think MX starts will be easier if the engagement is 100% lever controlled even at high rpm.

• tammie

Posted December 30, 2006 - 11:42 AM

Hi guys can you get a rekluse clutch for the 99yz400f i was reading up on how it works is there any negatives?

• 642MX

Posted December 30, 2006 - 12:58 PM

Hi guys can you get a rekluse clutch for the 99yz400f i was reading up on how it works is there any negatives?

The only negative that I can think of is you can't bump start with the auto-clutch, but its only a problem if your kickstarter falls off.

I've had a Rekluse for 3 years and I can say they are definitely an advantage in every situation. :lol:

• LVThumper

Posted December 30, 2006 - 05:07 PM

The only negative that I can think of is you can't bump start with the auto-clutch, but its only a problem if your kickstarter falls off.

I've had a Rekluse for 3 years and I can say they are definitely an advantage in every situation. :lol:

Yes, you can get a Rekluse for a '99 400. My buddy just ordered one for his daughter's 400. :confused:

My other riding pal has one on his '06, and says it is the best thing he has ever done to a dirtbike. BTW - He placed 4th overall (out of more than 70 guys) in his class for the year in our local Desert Race Series. :crazy:

My kickstater fell off during a race! I was in a rush putting the bike back together after some work, and I didn't have any threadlok! :( But true to form, after it was gone, I never had to restart the bike after a minor "mishap" in a deep sand wash! :eek: My 426 is almost done and ready for the new race season in a couple weeks!! :confused:

• YZ426F Rider

Posted December 31, 2006 - 08:35 AM

Yes, there is one big negative...you always end up having to wait for your buddies after gnarly trail sections and hillclimbs. :lol:

• SPLATT

Posted December 31, 2006 - 11:04 AM

I didn't realize just how good a Rekluse is until I rode in some wet Western Washington clay.

Steve

• SpceSpff

Posted December 31, 2006 - 04:59 PM

ok, so it basically makes the bike an automatic? then you can change the clutch lever to control the rear brake? seems cool.

• 642MX

Posted December 31, 2006 - 05:01 PM

ok, so it basically makes the bike an automatic?

You still have to shift gears. :lol:

• crf-f crf-r trx cbr

Posted December 31, 2006 - 06:32 PM

i love mine so much on my 03 crf450 that-----i might have to get one for my 07 crf450!!!!!

Related Content

x

Join Our Community!

Even if you don't want to post, registered members get access to tools that make finding & following the good stuff easier.

If you enjoyed reading about "" here in the ThumperTalk archive, you'll LOVE our community. Come join ThumperTalk today!

The views and opinions expressed on this page are strictly those of the author, and have not been reviewed or approved by ThumperTalk.