info needed on 05/06 wr450 frame

15 replies to this topic
  • ncmountainman

Posted December 28, 2006 - 05:02 PM

where can i get one??? anyone know of any shifter kart guys i might be able to contact? or maybe a tt'er who has a seriously blowed up bike to part out:thumbsup: i need one asap:ride: i guess if all else fails i could order one but i'm afraid to even think about it!

• clark4131

Posted December 28, 2006 - 07:57 PM

I've seen the odd one now and again on EBay...SC

• NavyNuke

Posted December 28, 2006 - 09:18 PM

what did you do to yours that you need a new frame???????

• ncmountainman

Posted December 29, 2006 - 06:26 AM

what did you do to yours that you need a new frame???????

i didn't do anything,in fact if someone wants a 05 yz frame i'll have one as soon as i can find a wr frame. the 05/06 wr lowered the frame on the steering stem for a lower COG = better turning and less effort in the tight stuff:thumbsup: steve,if you see one anywhere let me know. thanx,ncmm

• WGP

Posted December 29, 2006 - 07:19 AM

I looked into it when mine cracked:cry:

I only saw them by ordering.....$800 :lol:

• ncmountainman

Posted December 29, 2006 - 08:35 AM

I looked into it when mine cracked:cry:

I only saw them by ordering.....$800 :lol:

yup best price i could find even with connections was $797:crazy: is anyone better connected?

• ncmountainman

Posted December 29, 2006 - 06:11 PM

well i searched all the salvage yards and anywhere else i thought one might be hiding(with no luck) and finally decided to break down and order one. well it seems there is no 05/06 (same part #) in any of the 3 wharehouses in the USA:cry: so my next thought was; is the 05 wr250 the same frame? most all the aftermarket frame pieces are the same. part #'s = 05 wr 250 frame 5UM-21101-80-00 the 450 is 5TJ-21101-80-00 same except for the letter prefix,is that just designating same part different bike? i used to know the code but have forgotten which meant what:excuseme:

• sandman76513

Posted December 30, 2006 - 05:57 AM

MntMan, Correct, no frames in the US but that part is shown to be only available as direct ship from Japan at this time...it will not take long to get it here. I often have direct ship parts from Japan get to my shop faster than parts coming from one of the three other US warehouses. Parts from Japan ship FEDEX whereas those coming out of CA, GA or WI warehouses ship UPS.

The prefix indicates the bike for which the frame is intended. With Yamaha the 5 digits identify the part common name such as "frame", so they will use that #21101 on frames, though there are some that use 21110 as the common 5 digits as well. The ending digits will indicate any revisions or even supercessions.

All FYI in case you were wondering.

Rick

well i searched all the salvage yards and anywhere else i thought one might be hiding(with no luck) and finally decided to break down and order one. well it seems there is no 05/06 (same part #) in any of the 3 wharehouses in the USA:cry: so my next thought was; is the 05 wr250 the same frame? most all the aftermarket frame pieces are the same. part #'s = 05 wr 250 frame 5UM-21101-80-00 the 450 is 5TJ-21101-80-00 same except for the letter prefix,is that just designating same part different bike? i used to know the code but have forgotten which meant what:excuseme:

Visit the ThumperTalk Store for the lowest prices on motorcycle / ATV parts and accessories - Guaranteed
  • kxman

Posted December 30, 2006 - 10:08 PM

Just a thought but if you are going to go ahead and buy a new frame why not get an aluminum one for a 06/07 YZ or 07 WR?

• ncmountainman

Posted December 31, 2006 - 07:03 AM

my suspension won't fit (alot of other stuff also for that matter)and i like the steel frames better for flex,the alum are no lighter

• ncmountainman

Posted May 21, 2007 - 05:15 AM

just a follow up for anyone that might be curious....after ordering a 05 wr frame from japan(almost $800:bonk: ) and fitting all my 05 yz stuff to it (which everything bolted right up:thumbsup: ) the main differences were they lowered the frame rail on the steering stem 5mm and the 05 yz shock is 3 mm longer...which all adds up to quicker turning,that coupled with my 23mm offset clamps i already had, it really made a difference! at 1st i kinda questioned the whole deal because i was having trouble balancing the bike out and it seemed like too much and was very heavy steering;but after wks of testing i finally started making ground and have finally got it straight. gotta say this thing is a single track weapon now and is still stable at speed. i finished my best overall in our HS series yesterday (26th) and the 2 races before them were also better than before ( in the 30's). a couple other things i did was PWR lower rads,ti axles,and weaponmx tank foam.
it was well worth the effort:prof:

• xr250ryder

Posted May 24, 2007 - 06:00 AM

Here, its a little pricey bit I just noticed it as I was looking on ebay. Brand Spankin' new. http://cgi.ebay.com/...1QQcmdZViewItem

Edit: After reading farther Its actually a hell of alot cheaper than buying for Yamaha.

• ncmountainman

Posted May 24, 2007 - 06:23 AM

Here, its a little pricey bit I just noticed it as I was looking on ebay. Brand Spankin' new. http://cgi.ebay.com/...1QQcmdZViewItem

Edit: After reading farther Its actually a hell of alot cheaper than buying for Yamaha.

thanx,that woulda saved $150 but i'd already purchased one and was just commenting that i was happy with the results:thumbsup:
that would be a deal for anyone else wanting to try it:ride:

• SJMC_DON

Posted May 24, 2007 - 07:55 AM

my suspension won't fit (alot of other stuff also for that matter)and i like the steel frames better for flex,the alum are no lighter

Yeah but your goal was a lower C of G.... it does not get any lower than the Al framed bikes... unless you want an orange bike:thumbsdn:

I've had 4 WR's and the 07' handles way better than the steel framed bikes :)

• ncmountainman

Posted May 25, 2007 - 06:41 AM

Yeah but your goal was a lower C of G.... it does not get any lower than the Al framed bikes... unless you want an orange bike:thumbsdn:

I've had 4 WR's and the 07' handles way better than the steel framed bikes :)

the $2k i invested in what i have was much easier to stomach (and explain to the better half) than spending $7k on a new one(and i could probly only get 3 for mine). i also have alot of money tied up in parts that would not carry over to the new bike so your talking another $2-3k. if thats not enough i'm one of those weirdo's who like the 4 spd (i raced my 04 wr before that and much prefer the CR 4 spd for the tight woods we race)....it goes on and on; the new alum framed bikes feel way too small, alum is more prone to damage,much better flex in a steel frame(critical for offroad),carb access:thumbsdn: , and too tell ya the truth i rode a 07 yz recently back to back with mine and it didn't turn anywhere near as good. remember theres more forces at work than just the frame change compared to a stock WR; the 05 yz shock is 3mm longer and the clamps are 23mm offset,i'm sure if anyone modded a stock 05/6 wr in this fashion they would notice quite a difference in the tight stuff. took me 2 yrs to get this one straight,i think i'll stick with what i've got:excuseme:

• SJMC_DON

Posted May 25, 2007 - 07:25 AM

the $2k i invested in what i have was much easier to stomach (and explain to the better half) than spending $7k on a new one(and i could probly only get 3 for mine). i also have alot of money tied up in parts that would not carry over to the new bike so your talking another $2-3k. if thats not enough i'm one of those weirdo's who like the 4 spd (i raced my 04 wr before that and much prefer the CR 4 spd for the tight woods we race)....it goes on and on; the new alum framed bikes feel way too small, alum is more prone to damage,much better flex in a steel frame(critical for offroad),carb access:thumbsdn: , and too tell ya the truth i rode a 07 yz recently back to back with mine and it didn't turn anywhere near as good. remember theres more forces at work than just the frame change compared to a stock WR; the 05 yz shock is 3mm longer and the clamps are 23mm offset,i'm sure if anyone modded a stock 05/6 wr in this fashion they would notice quite a difference in the tight stuff. took me 2 yrs to get this one straight,i think i'll stick with what i've got:excuseme:

Sounds like you got it dialed in :)

x

Join Our Community!

Even if you don't want to post, registered members get access to tools that make finding & following the good stuff easier.

If you enjoyed reading about "" here in the ThumperTalk archive, you'll LOVE our community. Come join ThumperTalk today!

The views and opinions expressed on this page are strictly those of the author, and have not been reviewed or approved by ThumperTalk.