XR600R's

Honda XR600R 1986

262 replies to this topic
  • tomb1957

Posted February 21, 2007 - 09:45 PM

How about resistor in plug cap? :applause:

Had a stainless screw cut to length already before trouble. First thing I checked was continuity of plug and cap.

• XRDEZRAT

Posted February 22, 2007 - 08:38 PM

The tank says 250, but the frame and engine say XR200.

The forks are worth more than the rest of the bike!

"O"

The motor is an XR200 but the frame is from a CR 125.

• Owyhee

Posted February 22, 2007 - 08:45 PM

The motor is an XR200 but the frame is from a CR 125.

Damn, you're right.

That's especially interesting for me because I'm starting a project much like that one only I'm using a 1995 CR500 frame and 1999 XR600 fork. On Monday I'm going shopping for an XR200 donor motor and ATC200 (big fin) barrel. looking at the CR125/XR200 it looks like there is more room than I thought... that's good news.

"O"

• beezerjoe

Posted February 22, 2007 - 10:06 PM

Heres mine, just finished rebuilding it.New bottom end bearings,conrod,main trans shaft,3rd gear set,5th gear set,new rings,sprockets and chain.Now have to do the cam chain(doesn't pay to cut corners).looks a mess but just want it going again to ride then will clean the old girl up.
Posted Image
Posted Image
BTW ignore the date on the pics(forgot to reset it after charging batteries) and the damage on the muffler caused by previous owner when he highsided it.

I love it that dog looks like it hunts

• XRDEZRAT

Posted February 23, 2007 - 10:33 AM

Damn, you're right.

That's especially interesting for me because I'm starting a project much like that one only I'm using a 1995 CR500 frame and 1999 XR600 fork. On Monday I'm going shopping for an XR200 donor motor and ATC200 (big fin) barrel. looking at the CR125/XR200 it looks like there is more room than I thought... that's good news.

"O"

The front down tube and under cradle (among other things) were changed to better fit the 200cc motor. Tons of mods and hand made parts are in that conversion.

• asf

Posted February 23, 2007 - 12:40 PM

Before
Posted Image

...and after
Posted Image

• Owyhee

Posted February 23, 2007 - 01:18 PM

[quote name='asf']Before
Posted Image

Oh, a pig with a paddle!

How is it in the sand with a paddle? Does the tire rub the fender at full compression?

"O"

• asf

Posted February 23, 2007 - 01:42 PM

Well, lets just say she is better in the sand with a paddle than on the street :applause:

Yes, the paddle hits the stock fender at full compression, just barely though. If you get a MX or smaller fender she clears.

The bike is 100% street now, supermoto is too much fun :applause:

• Watsabi

Posted February 23, 2007 - 02:18 PM

What's is the muffler you have on that sumo. I've been looking to put a new can on mine =P

• asf

Posted February 23, 2007 - 02:20 PM

FMF, just pryed the aluminum sticker off it.

Visit the ThumperTalk Store for the lowest prices on motorcycle / ATV parts and accessories - Guaranteed
  • Watsabi

Posted February 23, 2007 - 04:37 PM

Here's my buddy "Geronimo" the day I got him
Posted Image

and this is a few weeks later, I've replaced the front fender, side panels, gas tank, and installed a vapor computer, more adds to come soon :applause:
Posted Image

oh, its the one in the back, the dr is one my buddy just got

• scotty v-squared

Posted February 25, 2007 - 01:47 PM

all of these bikes are sweet. its nice to know i'm not the only 600r freak! i have an '88 california plated thats in pieces at the moment but will be assembled by next weekend -fingers crossed-.

my bike has dual pipes tied into the rear stock muffler and i didn't see any here of the 1988 vintage. was hoping for inspiration on replacing that heavy pig of a pipe.. i did find one at http://www.staintune.com.au/index.html but its friggen 400 bucks! i'd rather not replace the header pipes.

anyone out there know of some options?

cheers

• BOLT Performance

Posted February 25, 2007 - 05:46 PM

all of these bikes are sweet. its nice to know i'm not the only 600r freak! i have an '88 california plated thats in pieces at the moment but will be assembled by next weekend -fingers crossed-.

my bike has dual pipes tied into the rear stock muffler and i didn't see any here of the 1988 vintage. was hoping for inspiration on replacing that heavy pig of a pipe.. i did find one at http://www.staintune.com.au/index.html but its friggen 400 bucks! i'd rather not replace the header pipes.

cheers

Go on ebay and pick yourself up a nice used White Bros E series or similer exhaust pipe for a newer XR600R for about $100-$150. Then take it to a quality welding shop and ask them to build you a simple slip fit adapter to make the stock head pipe you have fit the muffler you buy. Should be a simple and inexpensive mod.

Good luck. Jeff

• beezerjoe

Posted February 25, 2007 - 05:51 PM

cheers

I just got my 89 xr600r running this morning full rebuild on the engine. I know what you're talking about on the exhaust if you buy new for that year model the only way I've ever seen them for sale is the whole system because of the dual head pipes.XR's only sells one that's $475.I got lucky and found a full supertrapp system on ebay for $75 but i had to weld a muffler mount back on.The only way to get off cheap would be to use a later model exhaust with the 2 into head pipe and whatever silencer those are pretty common used.

• scotty v-squared

Posted February 25, 2007 - 06:03 PM

:applause:

hmm, so you think that a header pipe from any later model xr600r would fit onto an '88? if so i see one on ebay right now starting at twenty bucks from a 1998.. if thats the case then it would be a no brainer wouldn't it? buy that then TONS of options open up for exhaust pipes. unless tuning or performance is affected somehow (?)
mounting?

scott

• BOLT Performance

Posted February 25, 2007 - 06:29 PM

:applause:

hmm, so you think that a header pipe from any later model xr600r would fit onto an '88? if so i see one on ebay right now starting at twenty bucks from a 1998.. if thats the case then it would be a no brainer wouldn't it? buy that then TONS of options open up for exhaust pipes. unless tuning or performance is affected somehow (?)
mounting?

scott

I doubt it... If that were the case there would be one after market pipe for all years... which there are not.

• asf

Posted February 25, 2007 - 08:47 PM

I doubt it... If that were the case there would be one after market pipe for all years... which there are not.

Actually, all years are interchangeable. I've had a 1995 XR600r aftermarket pipe on my bike and a stock 1997 XR650L pipe on there, and they both fit my 89. The L bolt for the heatshield is close to the kickstarter pedal but it clears fine.

Posted Image

• BOLT Performance

Posted February 25, 2007 - 09:22 PM

Actually, all years are interchangeable. I've had a 1995 XR600r aftermarket pipe on my bike and a stock 1997 XR650L pipe on there, and they both fit my 89. The L bolt for the heatshield is close to the kickstarter pedal but it clears fine.

Posted Image

Good to know... Thanks :applause:

• scotty v-squared

Posted February 25, 2007 - 09:35 PM

you just made my day bro. now i've just got to sift through the f'n hundred options for a slip on!

i'm sure opinions on this matter are as varied as the products available...

scott

• scottM

Posted August 07, 2007 - 09:14 AM

Here's mine...

Posted Image

Posted Image

Posted Image

Related Content

Reviews

Honda XR600R 1986 by ThumperTalk

Honda XR600R 1986
  • * * * * -
  • 3 reviews
  • Last review by mtmaniacs
  • On October 14, 2016
Forums
Photo

Need advice by Rgmorley

Dirt Bike   Make / Model Specific   Honda   XR600/650
  • 9 replies
Forums
Photo

New Project : stolen and recovered 86 XR600R by B.Mauser

Dirt Bike   Make / Model Specific   Honda   XR600/650
  • Hot  31 replies

x

Join Our Community!

Even if you don't want to post, registered members get access to tools that make finding & following the good stuff easier.

If you enjoyed reading about "" here in the ThumperTalk archive, you'll LOVE our community. Come join ThumperTalk today!

The views and opinions expressed on this page are strictly those of the author, and have not been reviewed or approved by ThumperTalk.