Posted November 12, 2007 - 11:57 AM

LOl that KTM is pretty stupid looking with those big headlights. LOL

• martinfan30

Posted November 12, 2007 - 12:30 PM

my favorite is the yz465!

• KAS

Posted November 13, 2007 - 09:28 AM

LOL "stupid looking" would be the last thing on your mind if you rode at night with those lights LOL

• veetwo tls

Posted November 17, 2007 - 01:27 AM

my favorite is the yz465!

port & polished also note the front end i grafted onto it. (YAMAHA TT600N the first disc front end model)

• veetwo tls

Posted November 17, 2007 - 01:37 AM

doing 140kph - 160kph up the dirt roads here with roo's hopping around those lights save your ass.
when the XR was new with the pissy candle on the front traveling 120kph up a pitch black dirt road out bush here & seeing a roo sitting in front at about 50m dont give you much time to react apart from near shitting your self.
you soon start looking for good light also its nice to see when you go into a dirt corner in the pith black.

i guess you havent been past your average holywood street light in the dark.

• BOLT Performance

Posted November 19, 2007 - 01:02 AM

If you guys know anyone that wants a very clean XR600 please let me know. My buddy needs to sell his to raise money for medical bills.

Check out the lack of rust on the original head pipe. The headlight is included. Just off for cleaning. Also have an orginal tank sticker kit brand new from Honda still in the package from 30 days ago.

Posted Image

• drgriffi1

Posted November 29, 2007 - 09:09 PM

Hey everyone, new to the forum. Just thought I would post pics of my '85 XR600R. Nothing special, just something to beat around on. I got rid of the single air filter with the boot separating to the two carbs and put on some foam UNI filters instead. Not much else done to it besides new bars and grips.

Posted Image

Here's another interesting pic, not a bike but I thought I would add it to see if anyone's seen one of these before. Picked it up the other day for $160, tuned it up and runs great. Got a 7 horse Tecumseh on her. Something for the wife to play around on.

Posted Image

• juicebox

Posted November 30, 2007 - 07:00 AM

Posted Image

This is my new to me toy. I just got this for 1600 bucks. delivered to my house from las vegas (i live in southern utah) for free! I was stoked and its just like new except for the graphics on the tank. now that I figured out how the starting drill works, I can start it no problem, any temp, I am so happy. it's been 11years since I have had a dirt bike and my last dirt bike was a 1980 xr80. so yeah... it's been a while. :thumbsup:

Visit the ThumperTalk Store for the lowest prices on motorcycle / ATV parts and accessories - Guaranteed
  • Coolidge

Posted November 30, 2007 - 08:35 AM

Heres mine. Not the best pic. Soon to have CR Frt end, CR rear fender, Pro Tapers...
Posted Image

• Coolidge

Posted November 30, 2007 - 08:37 AM

Juicebox, nice bike. Looks just like mine when I 1st got it!

• FoolishMortal

Posted November 30, 2007 - 09:41 AM

My XR6sm:

Posted Image

You didn't say it had to be in dirt trim... :thumbsup:

• rangerman

Posted November 30, 2007 - 10:51 AM

Here's mine, taken at night. She's old and stock
Posted Image
Posted Image

• FoolishMortal

Posted November 30, 2007 - 06:28 PM

Here's mine, taken at night. She's old and stock

Looks good, except for that chain. :thumbsup:

• rangerman

Posted November 30, 2007 - 06:52 PM

Nah, the chain is actually pretty good. Right there it is pretty dirty. I have been using chain wax, and it helped it a lot. Does it look rusty in the pic?

• HeadTrauma

Posted November 30, 2007 - 07:16 PM

Nah, the chain is actually pretty good. Right there it is pretty dirty. I have been using chain wax, and it helped it a lot. Does it look rusty in the pic?

Your chain looks just like mine and I also use Maxima Chainwax.

• rangerman

Posted November 30, 2007 - 07:27 PM

I think it makes it sticky or something...it attracts dirt

• HeadTrauma

Posted November 30, 2007 - 08:24 PM

Well yeah, you ever touch the stuff? It's like melted bubblegum with dirt in it. :thumbsup:

• rangerman

Posted November 30, 2007 - 11:46 PM

LOL....yep

Related Content

Reviews

Honda XR600R 1986 by ThumperTalk

Honda XR600R 1986
  • * * * * -
  • 3 reviews
  • Last review by mtmaniacs
  • On October 14, 2016
Forums
Photo

Need advice by Rgmorley

Dirt Bike   Make / Model Specific   Honda   XR600/650
  • 9 replies
Forums
Photo

New Project : stolen and recovered 86 XR600R by B.Mauser

Dirt Bike   Make / Model Specific   Honda   XR600/650
  • Hot  31 replies

x

Join Our Community!

Even if you don't want to post, registered members get access to tools that make finding & following the good stuff easier.

If you enjoyed reading about "" here in the ThumperTalk archive, you'll LOVE our community. Come join ThumperTalk today!

The views and opinions expressed on this page are strictly those of the author, and have not been reviewed or approved by ThumperTalk.