Picture of the scoot ready for the 07 seaon!

20 replies to this topic
  • Baron Von Beard

Posted December 28, 2006 - 02:17 PM

Posted Image
Posted Image

• YZ426F Rider

Posted December 28, 2006 - 04:33 PM

Lookin' good:thumbsup:

• CRF100biker

Posted December 28, 2006 - 08:13 PM

Very nice. I like.

• mudhog426

Posted December 28, 2006 - 08:29 PM

Beautiful ride, like the front fender stickers especially :lol:

• Baron Von Beard

Posted December 28, 2006 - 10:00 PM

Thanks guys. I finally gave her a number. I was holding off until I figured the perfect one. 54 was my old football number throughout high school. :lol:

BTW - check out that bitchin exhaust! :confused:

• CRF100biker

Posted December 28, 2006 - 10:18 PM

What else is on there? Why do you need to up it though? Aren't these fast enough for the average rider? I know they're too fast for me.

• Baron Von Beard

Posted December 28, 2006 - 11:08 PM

Here we go...

Actually I only put a slip on exhaust on because I hated the stock muffler sticking out. Other than that some jetting and that's that. You know that if you want to see what mods I have done to my bike you can always click on the "Garage" link under my avatar.

• Huckster

Posted December 29, 2006 - 04:21 AM

hows the sound compared to stock?

• SCIENCE

Posted December 29, 2006 - 05:54 AM

Here we go...

Actually I only put a slip on exhaust on because I hated the stock muffler sticking out. Other than that some jetting and that's that. You know that if you want to see what mods I have done to my bike you can always click on the "Garage" link under my avatar.

Looks great. Has the rider healed up?

• Baron Von Beard

Posted December 29, 2006 - 07:19 AM

Huckster, the sounds is noticeably deeper and a little sharper but not much louder when on the track really. It just sounds healthier.

SCIENCE, I'm doing pretty good. My bones are healed but I have some nerve damage on the left side of my face that makes it feel strange a lot of the time. But, the biggest obstacle that I have right now is getting back in shape.

Visit the ThumperTalk Store for the lowest prices on motorcycle / ATV parts and accessories - Guaranteed
  • NDC

Posted December 29, 2006 - 08:04 AM

Hey, saw you out at Canyon on Tuesday, but didn't make it over to say hi. Spent most of the morning trying to fix up my buddy's bike with a busted radiator.

Wanted to ask what jetting you are running? My 06 450F is all stock except for a full DMC system and vortex ignition. Since it's gotten colder out, I have quite a bit more popping on decel than when it was warmer, and and wondering if that's due to the stock jetting. I've had a few other bikes, but this is my first full on race bike, so I don't have any jetting experience.

• SCIENCE

Posted December 29, 2006 - 08:34 AM

Huckster, the sounds is noticeably deeper and a little sharper but not much louder when on the track really. It just sounds healthier.

SCIENCE, I'm doing pretty good. My bones are healed but I have some nerve damage on the left side of my face that makes it feel strange a lot of the time. But, the biggest obstacle that I have right now is getting back in shape.

Glad to hear you're back on the bike! Happy New Year!

• BDOG510

Posted December 29, 2006 - 11:31 AM

Best looking production bike around. Bad ass!

• 642MX

Posted December 29, 2006 - 12:55 PM

Good looking bike. :lol:

• WFOracer

Posted December 29, 2006 - 05:46 PM

Too bad it's yellow :confused:

Just kidding....that is an interesting exhaust though :lol:

Where is you jetting at? temp/elevation?

• Baron Von Beard

Posted December 29, 2006 - 08:57 PM

Hey, saw you out at Canyon on Tuesday, but didn't make it over to say hi. Spent most of the morning trying to fix up my buddy's bike with a busted radiator.

Wanted to ask what jetting you are running? My 06 450F is all stock except for a full DMC system and vortex ignition. Since it's gotten colder out, I have quite a bit more popping on decel than when it was warmer, and and wondering if that's due to the stock jetting. I've had a few other bikes, but this is my first full on race bike, so I don't have any jetting experience.

Did you buy Randy's bike with the Henry kit on it?

I can't remember what main I have in or my needle spot either. I have vowed not to mess with my carb more than necessary. I think I'm pretty rich right now though. 170 main and 50 pilot for the cold season. I had to go from a 48 to a 50 pilot last weekend and it cleaned it up a lot.

• NDC

Posted December 29, 2006 - 09:02 PM

Did you buy Randy's bike with the Henry kit on it?

I can't remember what main I have in or my needle spot either. I have vowed not to mess with my carb more than necessary. I think I'm pretty rich right now though. 170 main and 50 pilot for the cold season. I had to go from a 48 to a 50 pilot last weekend and it cleaned it up a lot.

Yep, that's me. This 450 is just flat out amazing compared to my previous CRF250R. Just put on a set of ASVs and WC radiator cages I got for xmas. My buddy dumped his bike at low speed on the first turn of his first last at COP on Tuesday, ruined a radiator and his day. I came home and ordered the cages right away! $100 for cages vs. $190 each for a radiator makes it worthwhile to me.

• Baron Von Beard

Posted December 30, 2006 - 10:28 AM

I've got the cages and I had a gnarly high-side off the top of a table and managed to bend the right side cage and radiator but the cage worked so well that all it took was my vice and some muscle to straighten the radiator as good as new. I straightened the cage with a hammer and the concrete and it's all perfect. Had I not had the cage the radiator would have been toast for sure.

• NDC

Posted December 30, 2006 - 12:09 PM

That's good to know that they helped. I had a nice high side a few weeks ago at MG, but luckily only tweaked everything and it was able to be straightened out, no radiator damage. But I figured I was on borrowed time with them.

Did you see Guy's crash at COP? I heard it was pretty crazy what happened.

• Baron Von Beard

Posted December 31, 2006 - 10:27 AM

I didn't see the crash itself. I got there just after. He seperated his tib and fib from his ankle! Never heard of that before. Must have been wearing cheap boots.

Related Content

Reviews

Yamaha YZ450F 2017 by Chris.GVS

Yamaha YZ450F 2017
  • - - - - -
  • 0 reviews
Forums
Photo

100 hrs on 2014 yz450f, shim valves or replace them? by ttr230rider6

Dirt Bike   Make / Model Specific   Yamaha   YZ 400/426/450
  • Hot  79 replies
Forums
Photo

2016 YZ450 by CaptainKnobby

Dirt Bike   Dirt Bike Technical Forums   Suspension
  • Hot  59 replies
Forums
Photo

Snake pit oct 30th by The Anvil

Dirt Bike   Dirt Bike Regional Discussion   California
  • Hot  293 replies
Forums
Photo
Motocross

Thinking about Yamaha 250... by Arctic Pride

Dirt Bike   Special Interest Forums   Pro Racing
  • Hot  491 replies

x

Join Our Community!

Even if you don't want to post, registered members get access to tools that make finding & following the good stuff easier.

If you enjoyed reading about "" here in the ThumperTalk archive, you'll LOVE our community. Come join ThumperTalk today!

The views and opinions expressed on this page are strictly those of the author, and have not been reviewed or approved by ThumperTalk.