Help on gearing

5 replies to this topic
  • flyinmonkey

Posted January 03, 2002 - 05:52 PM

Need some more top speed and have done all the standard mods talked about here but need some more top speed. Whats a good final drive ratio.

• flyinmonkey

Posted January 03, 2002 - 06:11 PM

Guess I should have mentioned that I have a 98 WR400 with the stock ratio of 14/50.

• Blue_Boner

Posted January 03, 2002 - 09:33 PM

First of all if you really need more top speed you should buy an XR 650! No, just kidding. Throw on a 15 tooth counter shaft sproket and if that is not enough then go smaller on the rear sproket. This is very common here in So Cal for desert riding. Eric

Visit the ThumperTalk Store for the lowest prices on motorcycle / ATV parts and accessories - Guaranteed
  • Taffy

Posted January 03, 2002 - 11:29 PM

i was running 15/48 and i was green laning in mud 'n gloop!

Taffy

• tbronco

Posted January 04, 2002 - 02:30 AM

Check out this thread for a table with gearing - speed info.

Table thread

• Paul_A.

Posted January 04, 2002 - 02:36 PM

i have been running 15/49 on my WR... on gps i get 98mph, depending on the wind direction... and thats fine with me... hope it helps!

x

Join Our Community!

Even if you don't want to post, registered members get access to tools that make finding & following the good stuff easier.

If you enjoyed reading about "" here in the ThumperTalk archive, you'll LOVE our community. Come join ThumperTalk today!

The views and opinions expressed on this page are strictly those of the author, and have not been reviewed or approved by ThumperTalk.