need help

2 replies to this topic
  • JORDO 174

Posted December 27, 2006 - 06:35 PM

my yz 426 just got new rings and seals. i also had it re jetted. i wrecked like 8 months ago and now it wont start. i don't know what the problem is. help please

Visit the ThumperTalk Store for the lowest prices on motorcycle / ATV parts and accessories - Guaranteed
  • 642MX

Posted December 27, 2006 - 08:31 PM

my yz 426 just got new rings and seals. i also had it re jetted. i wrecked like 8 months ago and now it wont start. i don't know what the problem is. help please

Welcome to TT. :lol:

I guess you had it rebuilt, rode it, wrecked it, and then let it sit for 8 months?

If so, you need to pull the carb and clean it. 8 months is a long time for gas to sit. Make sure you drain your tank, install a new plug, and change your oil before you start it.

• JORDO 174

Posted December 27, 2006 - 08:39 PM

no i wrecked. let it sit. tried to start it. changed the oil and found alot of metal shavings in the filter. had it re built. and re jetted. it gets spark. the engine is all to the specs of the manual. it just wont fire.

Related Content

x

Join Our Community!

Even if you don't want to post, registered members get access to tools that make finding & following the good stuff easier.

If you enjoyed reading about "" here in the ThumperTalk archive, you'll LOVE our community. Come join ThumperTalk today!

The views and opinions expressed on this page are strictly those of the author, and have not been reviewed or approved by ThumperTalk.