Ricky Stator ?'s

6 replies to this topic
  • nate992v

Posted December 27, 2006 - 04:45 PM

Just installed the new dual 100w headlights. :lol: Also installed the new Ricky Stator 200w stator. Bike ran fine when I warmed it up to drain the oil out of the bottom end. Wired everything up for a single output to work with the lights, tried to start, nothing. :confused: Anyone have this happen or have any ideas?:confused:

• cleonard

Posted December 27, 2006 - 05:11 PM

You must have unplugged the CDI wire. I think it's black and red, but I'm not sure. That wire supplies the voltage that the CDI uses to make the spark. The lighting coils have nothing to do with the ignition.

While the single output configuration is a little simpler, it has one drawback. If something goes wrong it is more likely to go totally black. Two separate lighting systems would give you a little more redundancy.

• nate992v

Posted December 27, 2006 - 11:26 PM

Black and red wires are wired together. No spark at the spark plug. Reading the instructions for installation, it should be a plug and play, easy job. Has anyone gotten a bad stator from them?

Visit the ThumperTalk Store for the lowest prices on motorcycle / ATV parts and accessories - Guaranteed
  • j5hunter

Posted January 05, 2007 - 09:51 PM

Did you get it running yet?

• nate992v

Posted January 09, 2007 - 05:06 PM

Put the stock back in, runs fine. I'm sending it in to have them look at it. They no longer do walk-in service, either. I guess they moved from Santee to North County. Sucks, 'cause I live in Oceanside. I might just get the money back and go with Baja Designs. They're just down the street, too.

• tunaeater

Posted January 09, 2007 - 09:33 PM

This happened to me when I installed mine as well. I called and they helped me out. I forgot what the exact problem was but it was something simple in the stator. Something was facing backwards or the wrong direction. I'll talk to my friend that helped me and see if he remembers. It fired right up after I made the change and has been fine. Try giving them a call.

• XRsteve

Posted February 04, 2007 - 06:22 PM

Hey tunaeater, remember what the problem was? My friend is having the same problem on his 86 XR600.

Related Content

1993 XR600R rebuild by ove

Dirt Bike   Make / Model Specific   Honda   XR600/650
  • Hot  41 replies

Fell Off Trailer by usafxr

• Hot  43 replies

Cle Elum Sunday 5/29: Looking for dual sport tips by TigerTanker

Dirt Bike   Dirt Bike Regional Discussion   Northwest
  • Hot  32 replies

Which thumper motor for a street tracker? by woz

Dirt Bike   General Dirt Bike Forums   General Dirt Bike Discussion
  • * * * * -
  • Hot  29 replies

Wiseco 101MM Spark Knock Low Engine Temps by imandrewparks

• 7 replies

Join Our Community!

Even if you don't want to post, registered members get access to tools that make finding & following the good stuff easier.

If you enjoyed reading about "" here in the ThumperTalk archive, you'll LOVE our community. Come join ThumperTalk today!

The views and opinions expressed on this page are strictly those of the author, and have not been reviewed or approved by ThumperTalk.