Shifting Problem?

3 replies to this topic
  • bandit99

Posted December 27, 2006 - 09:23 AM

I have an 05 WR450. The problem I have is when we come to a stop I click the gears down and will find neutral instead of hitting first. I have to rev the engine to get the bike to go into first. Is this a common occurrance? My clutch seems to be adjusted properly. Should I change to a different oil?

• clark4131

Posted December 27, 2006 - 09:36 AM

Try downshifting to first while the bike is still moving. This really is not an uncommon thing to any motorcycle. My VTX does the same thing...SC

Visit the ThumperTalk Store for the lowest prices on motorcycle / ATV parts and accessories - Guaranteed
  • Legend_XL

Posted December 27, 2006 - 03:57 PM

+1 to what SC said. If you are already stopped just rock it back and forth it should pop right into first. My WR, SV650 and GSXR 750 all do the same thing.

• WRgrom

Posted December 31, 2006 - 12:14 PM

My 05 WR450 does the same thing but as you say if you rock it forward or back it pops into 1st.:lol:

x

Join Our Community!

Even if you don't want to post, registered members get access to tools that make finding & following the good stuff easier.

If you enjoyed reading about "" here in the ThumperTalk archive, you'll LOVE our community. Come join ThumperTalk today!

The views and opinions expressed on this page are strictly those of the author, and have not been reviewed or approved by ThumperTalk.