LED turn signals

7 replies to this topic
  • dedminst

Posted December 27, 2006 - 07:22 AM

I installed, or at least I tried to install a set(4) of mini LED turn indicators on my 04 XR650L yesterday but they would not blink. They would only illuminate. Does any one have a solution?

• cleonard

Posted December 27, 2006 - 07:38 AM

The LED's don't draw enough current to operate a standard flasher. You need a flasher for LED turn signals. Look around and you should be able to find one as they are fairly common. The other option is to use a resistor in parallel with the signals to draw more current and operate a standard flasher..

• pgiinc

Posted December 27, 2006 - 08:24 AM

they have it a bajadesigns
I just got mine working same thing

• dedminst

Posted December 27, 2006 - 02:51 PM

Thanks guys! I'll let you know happens in a couple of days.

Visit the ThumperTalk Store for the lowest prices on motorcycle / ATV parts and accessories - Guaranteed
  • Jeff@TheQuadShop

Posted December 27, 2006 - 05:01 PM

They can be bought at most good auto parts stores they are called an electric flasher.

• dedminst

Posted December 28, 2006 - 12:57 PM

Well, I just got back from Baja Designs after purchasing their LED flasher unit, and promptly installed it. The lights do indeed flash now, BUT, they all flash at the same time! Any ideas as to what may be wrong?

• moleculo

Posted December 28, 2006 - 01:14 PM

Well, I just got back from Baja Designs after purchasing their LED flasher unit, and promptly installed it. The lights do indeed flash now, BUT, they all flash at the same time! Any ideas as to what may be wrong?

The turn signal indicator is causing this. It needs to be unplugged when using all LED signals.

• Jeff@TheQuadShop

Posted December 28, 2006 - 03:15 PM

You can replace the indicator light with an LED and it will work normally.

Related Content

Reviews

Honda XR650L 2016 by Chris.GVS

Honda XR650L 2016
  • - - - - -
  • 0 reviews
Forums
Photo

93 xr650l Restoration Project by Zigster

Dirt Bike   Make / Model Specific   Honda   XR600/650
  • 17 replies
Forums
Photo

Wiseco 101MM Spark Knock Low Engine Temps by imandrewparks

• 9 replies
Forums
Photo

DirttyPig 2005 Xr650l Prroject! by braapmebb1moretime

• 22 replies
Forums
Photo

XR650L super moto wheels by greggkklee

• Hot  29 replies

x

Join Our Community!

Even if you don't want to post, registered members get access to tools that make finding & following the good stuff easier.

If you enjoyed reading about "" here in the ThumperTalk archive, you'll LOVE our community. Come join ThumperTalk today!

The views and opinions expressed on this page are strictly those of the author, and have not been reviewed or approved by ThumperTalk.