fuel tank fix

8 replies to this topic
  • muffinman

Posted December 27, 2006 - 04:47 AM

got a yz 426 with a large crack developing can this be repaired whats the best product to use if possible

• RCannon

Posted December 27, 2006 - 05:26 AM

Toss the tank and get a new, safe tank. Somewhere on TT we had video of a tank repair gone wrong. The poor guy ended up losing his bike and being threatened with starting a forest fire. His repair did work...for about 4 hours it was a thing of beauty.

• King_Air

Posted December 27, 2006 - 06:12 AM

You will have to bite the bullet and get a new tank. It is not worth risking your health and bike to attempt a repair. My 426 tank cracked also. I got a Clarke replacement. Perfect fit, just like OEM. Been 18 months and the graphics are still sticking to it too. I think it was $200-250 on pricing.

• torqueme

Posted December 27, 2006 - 09:17 AM

If you check ebay you will find a wide variety of stock & oversize tanks for the 426 at decent prices. of course most are used so ask any questions prior to bidding.

Visit the ThumperTalk Store for the lowest prices on motorcycle / ATV parts and accessories - Guaranteed
  • CampCounty4Fifty

Posted December 27, 2006 - 11:23 AM

got a yz 426 with a large crack developing can this be repaired whats the best product to use if possible

Ive got a 2002 YZF 426, stock tank is coming off, just rec'd a new Clarke 3.5 gallon tank for Christmas. Let me know if you are interested.

• 642MX

Posted December 27, 2006 - 04:49 PM

If you check ebay you will find a wide variety of stock & oversize tanks for the 426 at decent prices. of course most are used so ask any questions prior to bidding.

Exactly. I saw one the other day on ebay that went for $30. :lol:

• white_paper_180

Posted December 27, 2006 - 04:53 PM

My g/f Got me a Moose Bark Buster, Hand Guard and plastic shrouds. Her Grandparents got me the new renthal grips, Her mom got me a new renthal headache pad.... they all got thinks for my handle bars, but they didnt even realize when i brought it up. I also got some sweet thor hoodies and a couple gift certs.

• yamirider5588

Posted December 27, 2006 - 07:31 PM

My g/f Got me a ....

Uhhh ... uhhh .... did I miss something ? :lol:

• ingramo

Posted December 28, 2006 - 09:04 PM

I agree with what everyone else suggested, just get another tank dude. I had the same problem on my 426 and I bought the clarke and have had no problems since.

Related Content

Forums
Photo

James Stewart back on a YZ450F by YamaLink

Dirt Bike   Special Interest Forums   Pro Racing
  • Hot  47 replies
Reviews

Yamaha YZ450F 2017 by Chris.GVS

Yamaha YZ450F 2017
  • - - - - -
  • 0 reviews
Forums
Photo

YZ450F 03 Sparks driving me crazy by SirAttard

Dirt Bike   Make / Model Specific   Yamaha   YZ 400/426/450
  • 5 replies
Forums
Photo

Is it worth it? (Cam and High compression piston) by macgi77

Dirt Bike   Make / Model Specific   Honda   CRF 150/230 F/L
  • Hot  36 replies
Forums
Photo

Snake pit oct 30th by The Anvil

Dirt Bike   Dirt Bike Regional Discussion   California
  • Hot  293 replies

x

Join Our Community!

Even if you don't want to post, registered members get access to tools that make finding & following the good stuff easier.

If you enjoyed reading about "" here in the ThumperTalk archive, you'll LOVE our community. Come join ThumperTalk today!

The views and opinions expressed on this page are strictly those of the author, and have not been reviewed or approved by ThumperTalk.