GYT-R header to canister connection

5 replies to this topic
  • Paewraul

Posted December 26, 2006 - 08:34 PM

Just got a GYT-R CF exhust from santa. The header and pipe leading up to the can are different diameters. Anyone have experience with this connection? Seem like its wrong if I just clamp it down till the tabs bend in. Am I missing a coupler or reducer?

Thanks!

Jeff

• Fullbore4

Posted December 26, 2006 - 08:43 PM

Should be a tight slip fit that you have to work together by shoving and twisting.......I would check the model on-line and make sure it is for your year of bike.

• Paewraul

Posted December 27, 2006 - 07:43 AM

The model year shouldn't be an issue since the connection that is suspect is the new header and the new piping to the exhaust can. The issue is with the two new parts. Basically the end of the header pipe is a smaller diameter to the pipe leading up to the can, so there's a gap when you slip them together.

Visit the ThumperTalk Store for the lowest prices on motorcycle / ATV parts and accessories - Guaranteed
  • clark4131

Posted December 27, 2006 - 08:54 AM

Did you get a new muffler gasket? P/N 5XD-14714-00-00...SC

• Paewraul

Posted December 27, 2006 - 09:59 AM

nope, didn't get the gasket, but I'll double check the box. Thanks!!! I fighure I was missing something... also figured I got a complete kit as well.

• clark4131

Posted December 27, 2006 - 10:03 AM

It's that Santa :censored:er, his quality control is really slipping...SC

x

Join Our Community!

Even if you don't want to post, registered members get access to tools that make finding & following the good stuff easier.

If you enjoyed reading about "" here in the ThumperTalk archive, you'll LOVE our community. Come join ThumperTalk today!

The views and opinions expressed on this page are strictly those of the author, and have not been reviewed or approved by ThumperTalk.