Jetting for WB E2? 96XR650l

4 replies to this topic
  • bcone

Posted December 26, 2006 - 03:59 PM

Posted this on "jetting" and got nothing not sure what's up w/ that.
Hopefully some sympathetic 650 owners will chime in...

Just put a WB E2 exhaust on with 6 six disks.
I have a K&N filter with the snorkel still intact. No smog blocker.
Bike idles fine and starts right up. It pops on decel.

I'm wondering if I need to rejet the main jet or can I get by w/out?

Just looking for a bit better performance and to shave off some weight, nothing radical.

Thanks!

• rebelventurer

Posted December 26, 2006 - 04:09 PM

Desmog, desnorkle, do daves mods and yes, rejet to 162.5-165 main! You will be glad you did, I promise :lol: Oh, welcome to TT, Heres a link for Daves mods, http://www.4strokes....xr650lcarbmods/

Visit the ThumperTalk Store for the lowest prices on motorcycle / ATV parts and accessories - Guaranteed
  • bcone

Posted December 27, 2006 - 01:54 PM

Thanks for the reply. I'm game for more power and have now searched for what the snorkel is, but what does the smog equip actually do?
Thanks!

• rebelventurer

Posted December 27, 2006 - 02:58 PM

Basically the the smog system on the L model just pumps air into the exhaust, and makes it pop, backfire and sound like crap. Its to get by the epa's smog requirements, add a little air to the exhaust and it's cleaner, Yeah, right! The snorkel is under the seat atop the airbox its held in place with two rivets, just drill the rivets out and remove the snorkel. Also its not a bad idea to put a rag on top of the air filter while drilling to catch any stray shavings.

• bcone

Posted December 27, 2006 - 03:30 PM

Thanks! Good thing I looked at de-snorkeling. I was thinking, "I don't need to do this it runs great!" Rubber hose from air cleaner had come off and was pulling air straight into carb. De-snorkeling about to begin. Saw a smog block kit from Xr's and one on ebay which was just the plates, which is better? Ebay was significanlty cheaper.

Related Content

Forums
Photo
Supercross

Supercross Preview 2017 Part 1: Championship Contenders by Chris Cooksey

Dirt Bike   Special Interest Forums   Pro Racing
  • Hot  148 replies
Reviews

Honda XR650L 2017 by Chris.GVS

Honda XR650L 2017
  • - - - - -
  • 0 reviews
Forums
Photo

Fell Off Trailer by usafxr

Dirt Bike   Make / Model Specific   Honda   XR600/650
  • Hot  43 replies
Forums
Photo

Wiseco 101MM Spark Knock Low Engine Temps by imandrewparks

• 7 replies
Forums
Photo

Engine Loping/Sputtering by tcaldwell

• 2 replies

x

Join Our Community!

Even if you don't want to post, registered members get access to tools that make finding & following the good stuff easier.

If you enjoyed reading about "" here in the ThumperTalk archive, you'll LOVE our community. Come join ThumperTalk today!

The views and opinions expressed on this page are strictly those of the author, and have not been reviewed or approved by ThumperTalk.