2nd hand Acerbis tank!

6 replies to this topic
  • baggins

Posted December 26, 2006 - 12:19 PM

Hello there chaps and maybe chapets? Baggins here, new boy in town.
Just a quick question for those in the know. I have just got hold of a bloomin great big Acerbis fuel tank for my 1998 XR 600. This tank appears to have once had 2 taps fitted, 1 on each side which isn't a problem except I'm not entirely sure how to go about plumbing in such an afair? Its obviously because of the shape of the thing that very little fuel would make it over the L/H side so I'm thinking possibly linking the 2 taps maybe???

Any sugestions most welcome, and I shall always try to help you.

Baggins.

• bcone

Posted December 26, 2006 - 04:06 PM

Each side needs a petcock. It should have come with them. If not you can order via Acerbis or get some used ones (stock should fit but check first). Then the feul lines coming from each petcock are just connected into a Y fitting before heading to the carb. Any small plastic or metal pipe fitting will work that is the same OD and the IN of the feul line. Pipe clamps are a good idea if the Y fitting is not got those little ridges that keep it from coming off. Hope this helps.

• rebelventurer

Posted December 26, 2006 - 04:18 PM

bcone is right! two petcocks a T or Y fitting then on to carb. Cheers mate!

Visit the ThumperTalk Store for the lowest prices on motorcycle / ATV parts and accessories - Guaranteed
  • frankstr

Posted December 27, 2006 - 06:42 AM

Hello baggins, Welcome to Thumpertalk.....:lol: :confused:

:confused: :crazy:

• baggins

Posted December 27, 2006 - 11:26 AM

Thanks mate, I thought as much just nice to here it from someone else.

Many thanks.

• baggins

Posted December 27, 2006 - 11:27 AM

Nice one my friend, many thanks.

• rebelventurer

Posted December 27, 2006 - 03:20 PM

Who are you refering to- nice one? Where in the UK are you? I am from Wellingborough, Northamptonshire, been here since 1974, I was 10 then. Cheers!
Oh, welcome to TT, lots of info on this forum! Best on the web!

Related Content

x

Join Our Community!

Even if you don't want to post, registered members get access to tools that make finding & following the good stuff easier.

If you enjoyed reading about "" here in the ThumperTalk archive, you'll LOVE our community. Come join ThumperTalk today!

The views and opinions expressed on this page are strictly those of the author, and have not been reviewed or approved by ThumperTalk.