Ready Filter pre-lubed air filter

8 replies to this topic
  • 2002YZ426

Posted December 26, 2006 - 07:07 AM

Ready Filter air filter; It was cheap... It is cheap... this thing is crap... Has anyone else purchased this inexpensive, no fitting, poorly formed, pre-oiled, blah blah blah? Did you have the same experience or did I just get the 5:pm Friday time to start the weekend drunk binge filter? I wont waste my time with another one.

• yami racer

Posted December 26, 2006 - 07:17 AM

Use them all the time and have had no issues what so ever. I am happy with the performance and the price.

• Huckster

Posted December 26, 2006 - 07:19 AM

Ditto!! Used them the last 2 years and had 0 problems. I still put a little bit of grease around the box though....

• 642MX

Posted December 26, 2006 - 07:42 AM

I won't buy another Ready Filter. IMO they have $1 worth of foam and $9 worth of oil on it. I've used 3 and thought the quality was a 2 on a scale of 10.

Visit the ThumperTalk Store for the lowest prices on motorcycle / ATV parts and accessories - Guaranteed
  • Ga426owner

Posted December 26, 2006 - 07:52 AM

use it once and throw it away.....:thumbsup:

• 642MX

Posted December 26, 2006 - 08:01 AM

What other brands are there? I know Ready isn't the only disposable filter. Has anybody used those?

• kyle450rider

Posted December 26, 2006 - 08:12 AM

I've used them quite a bit and im impressed with how well they work.Mabye you should by a KN filter and have peace of mind with the high price tag.

• 2002YZ426

Posted December 26, 2006 - 09:52 AM

I've always had good luck with Uni-filters and K&N, just thought I'd give these a try. By the way, the dealer I purchased it from doesn't advertise them as disposable filters, but mine is going in the trash anyway.

• xr_rider1

Posted December 30, 2006 - 07:57 PM

i am onto my second ready filter now and love them. i have not had a problem yet and i will continue to use them until i find a problem with them.

Related Content

Forums
Photo

Megabomb Fitment by 288yz450

Dirt Bike   Make / Model Specific   Yamaha   YZ 400/426/450
  • 1 reply
Forums
Photo

Snake pit oct 30th by The Anvil

Dirt Bike   Dirt Bike Regional Discussion   California
  • Hot  293 replies
Forums
Photo

yz250x vs 450 4t comparisons (preferably desert riding) needed by JakeNorthrupYZ450F

Dirt Bike   Make / Model Specific   Yamaha   Yamaha 2-Stroke
  • 9 replies
Forums
Photo

James Stewart back on a YZ450F by YamaLink

Dirt Bike   Special Interest Forums   Pro Racing
  • Hot  47 replies
Forums
Photo

Is it worth it? (Cam and High compression piston) by macgi77

Dirt Bike   Make / Model Specific   Honda   CRF 150/230 F/L
  • Hot  36 replies

x

Join Our Community!

Even if you don't want to post, registered members get access to tools that make finding & following the good stuff easier.

If you enjoyed reading about "" here in the ThumperTalk archive, you'll LOVE our community. Come join ThumperTalk today!

The views and opinions expressed on this page are strictly those of the author, and have not been reviewed or approved by ThumperTalk.