Need help finding CA legal exhaust please.... quickly!

8 replies to this topic
  • SpceSpff

Posted December 25, 2006 - 03:40 PM

Hey guys, I tried searching for this info, but couldn't find it. I have a pretty much stock 99 400. I was at a state OHV park this weekend, and a ranger told me I don't have a spark arrestor, and my stock exhaust was too loud. So, I guess I need to upgrade to aftermarket.

Any suggestions on what to get? I would like to spend less that 500$ on a full system, so I can get around the oil filter problem. It that much money going to get me a quality set up? Someone suggested FMF Q.

Thanks for the help, and sorry if this is a beaten horse topic.

• Kyle Prior

Posted December 25, 2006 - 06:16 PM

Dr.D SA systems are pretty quiet, and around $500. Also, the SA can easily come out if you are in an area where you dont need it.

• SpceSpff

Posted December 25, 2006 - 09:19 PM

Is the Dr. D pipe on this sites store a full system?

• Kyle Prior

Posted December 25, 2006 - 10:17 PM

Visit the ThumperTalk Store for the lowest prices on motorcycle / ATV parts and accessories - Guaranteed
  • Kyle Prior

Posted December 25, 2006 - 10:18 PM

The tt store lists the SA system for about $515 from Dr.D, but Motosport has it for $480. Id suggest calling TT, and they can maybe beat the Motosport price.

• SpceSpff

Posted December 25, 2006 - 11:05 PM

Yea, that's the one I had my eye on. Not sure if it's the full system or not. If it's just the muffler, I'd rather go with a FMF Q and save money. Also, TT sells the Dr. D for $464

• Kyle Prior

Posted December 25, 2006 - 11:53 PM

Its the full system, and top quality as well. I personally think its the best exhaust for the price period.

• buzzgrizz

Posted December 26, 2006 - 06:37 AM

My son got the DR.D complete system for his 00 426. It solved the oil filter cover problem and was only $409.99 at BTO Sports. It helped the lower end power a good bit. It also has a spark arrestor and is about 94db.

• baha

Posted December 26, 2006 - 06:40 AM

Q for Quiet

Related Content

Michigan Motocross Tires by 288yz450

Dirt Bike   Dirt Bike Regional Discussion   North
  • 1 reply

2016 YZ450 by CaptainKnobby

Dirt Bike   Dirt Bike Technical Forums   Suspension
  • Hot  59 replies

First Hare scramble tips by dhend8

Dirt Bike   General Dirt Bike Forums   General Dirt Bike Discussion
  • Hot  33 replies

Help with 2000 yz426 by weekend woods racer

Dirt Bike   Make / Model Specific   Yamaha   YZ 400/426/450
  • Hot  36 replies

Is the 2016 GYTR Yamaha YZ450F too fast? by Fryboy

Dirt Bike   Special Interest Forums   Pro Racing
  • * - - - -
  • Hot  241 replies

Join Our Community!

Even if you don't want to post, registered members get access to tools that make finding & following the good stuff easier.

If you enjoyed reading about "" here in the ThumperTalk archive, you'll LOVE our community. Come join ThumperTalk today!

The views and opinions expressed on this page are strictly those of the author, and have not been reviewed or approved by ThumperTalk.