Need help finding CA legal exhaust for 99' 400

4 replies to this topic
  • SpceSpff

Posted December 25, 2006 - 07:47 AM

Hey guys, I tried searching for this info, but couldn't find it. I have a pretty much stock 99 400. I was at a state OHV park this weekend, and a ranger told me I don't have a spark arrestor, and my stock exhaust was too loud. So, I guess I need to upgrade to aftermarket.

Any suggestions on what to get? I would like to spend less that 500$ on a full system, so I can get around the oil filter problem. It that much money going to get me a quality set up?

Thanks for the help, and sorry if this is a beatn horse topic.

• Blueghost

Posted December 25, 2006 - 08:09 AM

Hi
FMF Q will do it

Visit the ThumperTalk Store for the lowest prices on motorcycle / ATV parts and accessories - Guaranteed
  • SpceSpff

Posted December 25, 2006 - 08:17 AM

OK, cool. I will look into that.

And can a mod please move this to the correct forum? Didn't even notice I posted in the wrong forum. Should have been the YZ board. Thanks

:thumbsup:

• jayh300

Posted December 26, 2006 - 08:18 AM

my 99 yz400f, has a white bros e series and is way too loud. I put a stock yz426 header and cured the oil filter access problem. Then i took out all but 4 plates out of the "silencer", note i use that term lightly, and still am 94db at idle. It had 8 plates and was 98 db idle. After rididng it my ears would ring for a few days. 4 plates is the min on white bros, but i would stay away from them. too loud. I cant beleive the stock stuff is too loud. Did they check it with a db meter, or just tell you it was too loud ??? I am searching for something different also..

• Derwud

Posted December 26, 2006 - 08:46 AM

I had a 1999 YZ400F and was running a Big Gun with a quiet core.. The bike ran great and was quiet!!!! Quieter than stock, and it wasn't an FMF...

Related Content

x

Join Our Community!

Even if you don't want to post, registered members get access to tools that make finding & following the good stuff easier.

If you enjoyed reading about "" here in the ThumperTalk archive, you'll LOVE our community. Come join ThumperTalk today!

The views and opinions expressed on this page are strictly those of the author, and have not been reviewed or approved by ThumperTalk.