No Gas Going To The Carb!!! Xr650l

2 replies to this topic
  • BLSBRKR65

Posted December 24, 2006 - 01:06 PM

Gas Flows Into The Carb Before I Screw In The Float Bowl. I Run Gas From Tank And Let It Sit For Awhile Then Open The Drain. No Gas Comes Out! I Open The Float Bowl And It's Dry. The Float Valve And Carb Were Working Fine Prior To Disassembly. Tank Is Venting, Petcock Flows Freely, Blew Compress Air, Carb Cleaner, Etc... Isn't The Carb Suppose To Fillup With Gas? The Float Is In The Right Position And Moves Freely. Is There Some Technique Or Trick To It. Merry Christmas To All And Thanks In Advance.

Visit the ThumperTalk Store for the lowest prices on motorcycle / ATV parts and accessories - Guaranteed
  • rebelventurer

Posted December 24, 2006 - 01:26 PM

Petcock in on position? if so you have screwed up the float needle and it is not opening. No tricks to it. annd yes the bowl is supposed to fill up with gas. Got a manual? No insult intended weve all screwed something up at one time or another! Merry Christmas.

• philipstjohn

Posted December 25, 2006 - 06:17 PM

Petcock in on position? if so you have screwed up the float needle and it is not opening. No tricks to it. annd yes the bowl is supposed to fill up with gas. Got a manual? No insult intended weve all screwed something up at one time or another! Merry Christmas.

A Merry Christmas to that!!!:thumbsup:

Related Content

x

Join Our Community!

Even if you don't want to post, registered members get access to tools that make finding & following the good stuff easier.

If you enjoyed reading about "" here in the ThumperTalk archive, you'll LOVE our community. Come join ThumperTalk today!

The views and opinions expressed on this page are strictly those of the author, and have not been reviewed or approved by ThumperTalk.