06 WR450 Radiator problems

No replies to this topic
  • nickcoole

Posted December 24, 2006 - 12:58 PM

A big off a few weeks back has pushed my left rad back into the tank splitting the elbow joint coolant inlet back and splitting it on the face of the rad. Its a stock yamaha rad and it wont tig weld (made of some bizare alloy me thinks) so i tried to use plastic metal (bronze putty) to fix it but no joy. Its fine when its cold but as i like to ride my bike with the engine running the thermal expansion in the plastic metal stuff opens up gaps and out comes the coolant and the bike goes back in the garage.

ok thats the bollox over with - i am looking for a replacment rad. 2nd had will do or a brand spanker is cool - dont care just want it NOW!

any one know of any rad stockists?? oh, i am in the uk.........i will pay the postage from any where i just dont want to put another stock yamaha rad on

thanks chaps

Join Our Community!

Even if you don't want to post, registered members get access to tools that make finding & following the good stuff easier.

If you enjoyed reading about "" here in the ThumperTalk archive, you'll LOVE our community. Come join ThumperTalk today!

The views and opinions expressed on this page are strictly those of the author, and have not been reviewed or approved by ThumperTalk.