Guys got room for 'nother noob? '83 XL600R

5 replies to this topic
  • Timmerz

Posted December 23, 2006 - 11:39 PM

Hi, y'all!
Buddy of mine in Modesto, Ca. that I work with (owns an '01 XR650R) gave me a call and asked if I was interested in a free '83 XL600R that a friend of his had found abandoned at a property he had just bought in the hills....went over and looked at it today, started cleaning it up and replacing all the bad parts...still got a LOT of work left to do, but after about 6 steady hours of work the bike is rideable, I was able to circle the property a couple of times to get a feel for it. Pretty strong, good compression still, need to devote more time to the carbs, take them all the way off and clean them completely instead of just the jets and float won't run without the choke at the moment...
Here's a coupla pics from when I first laid eyes on it, hope you guys don't mind me chiming in once in awhile with questions?:thumbsup:
Posted Image
Posted Image
Posted Image

• pigryder

Posted December 24, 2006 - 05:48 AM

Great find man and welcome to TT :thumbsup: I have to say that is one promising find for sure!

• rebelventurer

Posted December 24, 2006 - 08:02 AM

Awesome deal!!! Welcome to TT, lots of experience with the BRP's all questions welcome, and there is no such thing as a stupid question!!!! Merry Christmas.

Visit the ThumperTalk Store for the lowest prices on motorcycle / ATV parts and accessories - Guaranteed
  • frankstr

Posted December 24, 2006 - 08:36 AM

Welcome to Thumpertalk, Timmerz, We have plenty of room :thumbsup:

:devil: :smirk:

• Timmerz

Posted December 24, 2006 - 08:46 AM

Welcome to Thumpertalk, Timmerz, We have plenty of room :thumbsup:

:smirk: :smirk:

Thanks, Frank! Don't remember how I heard about this forum, but I've been lurking for a couple of weeks to try to get a feel for my bud's xr650r, and then he calls me with this find....almost like kismet or something!
Really glad there's a venue for thumpers!:devil:

• rolo007

Posted May 13, 2009 - 01:23 AM

hey nice bike. i just got one in modesto myself.

Related Content

Would a Young Scott Summers still be Competitive today on an XR600R? What would he ride to be competitive today? by Jayzonk

Dirt Bike   Special Interest Forums   Pro Racing
  • Hot  141 replies

XR650L super moto wheels by greggkklee

Dirt Bike   Make / Model Specific   Honda   XR600/650
  • Hot  28 replies

1993 XR600R rebuild by ove

• Hot  41 replies

FCR40 Tuning Woes- XR600R by aTuWitty

• Hot  37 replies

Which thumper motor for a street tracker? by woz

Dirt Bike   General Dirt Bike Forums   General Dirt Bike Discussion
  • * * * * -
  • Hot  29 replies

Join Our Community!

Even if you don't want to post, registered members get access to tools that make finding & following the good stuff easier.

If you enjoyed reading about "" here in the ThumperTalk archive, you'll LOVE our community. Come join ThumperTalk today!

The views and opinions expressed on this page are strictly those of the author, and have not been reviewed or approved by ThumperTalk.