and Santa said: "Don't worry, everything is going to be all WHITE."

33 replies to this topic
  • Baron Von Beard

Posted December 25, 2006 - 03:13 PM

I love Doug, love the bike, but hate his exhausts. Opinions vary, but the exhaust hinders more than it helps IMHO.

• Bigcr

Posted December 25, 2006 - 03:48 PM

I love Doug, love the bike, but hate his exhausts. Opinions vary, but the exhaust hinders more than it helps IMHO.

How does the Dr. D exhaust hinder it?

• Baron Von Beard

Posted December 25, 2006 - 04:30 PM

I've never liked the way Dougs exhausts put out power. They turn a rip snorting power monster into a tractor and it's just not my style. I know that most Yami guys love them, but I honestly think that if Doug was a Honda guy, the story would be different.

• DPW

Posted December 25, 2006 - 04:49 PM

They turn a rip snorting power monster into a tractor and it's just not my style.

Are you talking about an '06 or '07 as being a rip snorting monster?

• kid on a 426

Posted December 25, 2006 - 06:29 PM

I've never liked the way Dougs exhausts put out power. They turn a rip snorting power monster into a tractor and it's just not my style. I know that most Yami guys love them, but I honestly think that if Doug was a Honda guy, the story would be different.

It's good for hillclimbs and trails. Which is prty much all i do.

• Baron Von Beard

Posted December 25, 2006 - 10:45 PM

Are you talking about an '06 or '07 as being a rip snorting monster?

No sir, definitely not. The way that Dr.D's exhausts change the power delivery on any bike isn't my cup of tea is all. It's a very mellow, slow revving chuggy style and isn't for me. It works great for guys that like to short shift and really chug out of a turn, or the guy that trail rides, but that's just not my riding style. It is also my opinion that the last thing the 06 or 07 YZ450's need is an even mellower power delivery. These things are about as smooth in stock form as you're gonna find.

• Fastest1

Posted December 26, 2006 - 06:38 AM

No sir, definitely not. The way that Dr.D's exhausts change the power delivery on any bike isn't my cup of tea is all. It's a very mellow, slow revving chuggy style and isn't for me. It works great for guys that like to short shift and really chug out of a turn, or the guy that trail rides, but that's just not my riding style. It is also my opinion that the last thing the 06 or 07 YZ450's need is an even mellower power delivery. These things are about as smooth in stock form as you're gonna find.

Though I like the feel of an explosive (read narrow) powerband, I dont actually think it makes anyone faster. If you do lap times, a smoother powerband will allow power to be applied at almost any rpm. I like my Dr. D and I dont short shift. Their service is great as stated. Why would he ride a Honda, just to be at a disadvantage?:devil: :thumbsup:

Visit the ThumperTalk Store for the lowest prices on motorcycle / ATV parts and accessories - Guaranteed
  • Mighty_Whitey

Posted December 26, 2006 - 10:49 AM

That is a very interesting opinion Baron. I see your point and to your point that is exactly what the Dr.D exhaust did for my 2004 YZ450f. It mellowed out the hit and as MX Action said: "Turned it into a Honda powerband."

I don't know if you have ridden a 06' with a Dubach pipe but it really didn't mellow it out. For me I feel it just pulls hard down low and doesn't fall off ,like stock, up high.

Doug

• Mighty_Whitey

Posted December 26, 2006 - 10:51 AM

Who makes those number backrounds? Decal Works??

Yes, backgrounds done by "Decal Works."

• Baron Von Beard

Posted December 26, 2006 - 03:30 PM

Man, I don't know why my bike is different, but it most defi itely doesn't fall off on top. It pulls up high really well, to the point that the rev limiter has snuck up on me a time or two without realizing I was even close. Strange. MY bike is still smooth but stil feels fast. The Dr.D's have always made the bike feel sluggish to rev and that I don't like. I really like my 06 with an MRD slip on and that's it. I run the stock gearing, stock headpipe, AP mod and some jetting and that's all.

• DPW

Posted December 26, 2006 - 03:36 PM

For me I feel it just pulls hard down low and doesn't fall off ,like stock, up high.

Doug

Ditto, but I never had an issue with the up high.

I know some of the Honda boys weren't happy with the Dr.D...

• yz_for_me

Posted December 27, 2006 - 01:22 AM

Smokin bike Whitey. There's just somethin about red and white Yammies.

• red7

Posted December 28, 2006 - 10:31 PM

Very nice ride indeed. If I trash my plastics I'll go to white as well for my '06.

• tmauto69

Posted December 30, 2006 - 05:50 PM

I never felt like mine lacked anything on top either :lol:

Related Content

x

Join Our Community!

Even if you don't want to post, registered members get access to tools that make finding & following the good stuff easier.

If you enjoyed reading about "" here in the ThumperTalk archive, you'll LOVE our community. Come join ThumperTalk today!

The views and opinions expressed on this page are strictly those of the author, and have not been reviewed or approved by ThumperTalk.