Rekluse Gasket

5 replies to this topic
  • kxman

Posted December 23, 2006 - 08:28 PM

I just bought a used Rekluse clutch for my 06 YZ450. The seller said all the parts were there except for the thicker clutch cover gasket. I know several of you have these clutches and i was hoping someone could tell me the thickness of the Rekluse gasket. If I know that I can probably make one. Any set-up or installation tips would be appreciated also.
Thanks

• ffgman

Posted December 24, 2006 - 01:51 AM

I just installed one on my 07wr 450, just read the directions carefully and take your time. Be carefull not to drop any screws or ballbearings in your cases. Stick towels in to plug the cases. Make sure you use the right amount of washers on each stud and becareful when measuring clutch plate clearances, because if you force the feeler gauge in to hard you will break off friction material off the friction plates. Its not like checking tappet clearences, as long as the gauge goes in fairly snug, not hard, call it good. With tappets I would go to the next highst clearence and if it didnt fit I would call it good. With the bike clucth,If you force(even mildly) the feeler gauge in you will scrape off that corky material on the friction plates. good luck,take your time and call recluse with questions and order that gasket from them. OUT

• ncampion

Posted December 24, 2006 - 08:21 AM

Just use two stock gaskets, that will work.

Visit the ThumperTalk Store for the lowest prices on motorcycle / ATV parts and accessories - Guaranteed
  • HarryCallahan

Posted December 25, 2006 - 04:15 AM

Mine is approximately 5/32" thick.

• kxman

Posted December 25, 2006 - 04:47 AM

Thanks for the info. I guess I will have to buy one fom Rekluse then. I believe the thickest gasket material we have at work is 1/16". I supose I could stack 3 gaskets together though but that may be asking for a leak.

• byggd

Posted December 26, 2006 - 04:47 PM

If I remember correctly the kit for my 02 wr426 came with two fairly thick gaskets and the instructions said to use both. I used no sealant and so far no leaks!

x

Join Our Community!

Even if you don't want to post, registered members get access to tools that make finding & following the good stuff easier.

If you enjoyed reading about "" here in the ThumperTalk archive, you'll LOVE our community. Come join ThumperTalk today!

The views and opinions expressed on this page are strictly those of the author, and have not been reviewed or approved by ThumperTalk.