650r seat hard as hell

5 replies to this topic
  • raudy2

Posted December 23, 2006 - 08:31 AM

Is it just me or does any elses butt hurt after about 4-6 hours in the saddle? This is my first 650r, love the bike, hate the seat. I am a sit down rider and have rode nothing but kx 500's in the past. Wondering if anyone has any info on possably softer seat foam from another bike that would maybe fit, or a source from which to get said foam?
thx Wes, gardnerville nv.

• frankstr

Posted December 23, 2006 - 08:43 AM

Welcome,raudy2, to Thumpertalk...Try standing more....
You'll probly hear more of the same.....

:thumbsup: :devil:

• brp2004

Posted December 23, 2006 - 10:45 AM

Check out Baja Designs.

Visit the ThumperTalk Store for the lowest prices on motorcycle / ATV parts and accessories - Guaranteed
  • hypersthenos

Posted December 23, 2006 - 11:50 AM

I have the same complaint & have posted the same question myself. I've chosen to go with GUTS tall/soft foam & cover. I'm pretty sure that this will be coming my way for Christmas. If you can wait a month or two I should have a ride report with the new setup when I can get it installed & put a ride on it. I'm hoping that the soft foam will compress to something near to stock height with my butt in place. If not I may cut it down a bit. Time will tell.

• brp2004

Posted December 23, 2006 - 12:00 PM

I just installed the guts tall and soft that I bought at Baja Designs. Fully compressed it still rides a little taller than the stock foam. Only road it for about an hour since, but the difference in comfort was noticeable.

• twosixtwo

Posted December 23, 2006 - 12:38 PM

I think 4-6 hours will do that to anyone's buttcheeks

Related Content

Wiki
Want to add a kickstart to your XR650L?  Here's how - last post by clc3251

Want to add a kickstart to your XR650L? Here's how

Articles
  • 0 replies
Forums
Photo

93 xr650l Restoration Project by Zigster

Dirt Bike   Make / Model Specific   Honda   XR600/650
  • 17 replies
Forums
Photo
Washington

Cle Elum Sunday 5/29: Looking for dual sport tips by TigerTanker

Dirt Bike   Dirt Bike Regional Discussion   Northwest
  • Hot  32 replies
Forums
Photo

Fell Off Trailer by usafxr

• Hot  43 replies
Forums
Photo

2015 XR650L Squeaking noise by Crayjay

• 3 replies

x

Join Our Community!

Even if you don't want to post, registered members get access to tools that make finding & following the good stuff easier.

If you enjoyed reading about "" here in the ThumperTalk archive, you'll LOVE our community. Come join ThumperTalk today!

The views and opinions expressed on this page are strictly those of the author, and have not been reviewed or approved by ThumperTalk.