i am tired of trying to make it back before dark

4 replies to this topic
  • YZF_MXracer71

Posted December 23, 2006 - 12:04 AM

What all does it take and what all do i need to put a WR stator plate on my 05 yzf 450. sometimes i go out trailing and we are always trying to make it back before dark. i want something i can hook up and go trailing and un hook to race.

• grayracer513

Posted December 23, 2006 - 08:04 AM

Nothing from the charging/ignition of any WR will fit up to a YZ450, regardless of model year. You will have to get yours rewound, or use an after market solution.

Visit the ThumperTalk Store for the lowest prices on motorcycle / ATV parts and accessories - Guaranteed
  • YZF_MXracer71

Posted December 23, 2006 - 08:24 AM

well that sucks but thanks 4 the info

• AlkalineOne

Posted December 23, 2006 - 08:54 AM

i came across this same problem, so what i did was went through a company called TrailTech and got a pair of high power HID helmet lights. they hook up to a light weight battery source that you can put in a back pack. i also believe that a clamp is available so you can put them on your bars, but i havnt researched it. the battery last about 2 hours, which is plenty of time to hussle back to camp!

• YZF_MXracer71

Posted December 23, 2006 - 02:46 PM

i have heard of them but i really wanted to get a number plate with a light that would last as long as i wanted. but its better than strapping flashlights to your bar lol.

Related Content

Join Our Community!

Even if you don't want to post, registered members get access to tools that make finding & following the good stuff easier.

If you enjoyed reading about "" here in the ThumperTalk archive, you'll LOVE our community. Come join ThumperTalk today!

The views and opinions expressed on this page are strictly those of the author, and have not been reviewed or approved by ThumperTalk.