hey what about Yamaha?

8 replies to this topic
  • BC3

Posted December 22, 2006 - 08:20 PM

Has anyone heard if Yamaha is going to have a bike to duel with Hondas 150?

• Drfletcherdc

Posted December 22, 2006 - 08:26 PM

They already have it, just waiting for the rule change from the AMA. Definitely see it in 08.

• yama02yz250f

Posted December 22, 2006 - 11:29 PM

got any info or pictures?

• Drfletcherdc

Posted December 23, 2006 - 07:14 AM

got any info or pictures?

Read it in one of the magazines that was featuring the new Honda 150. You won't see any pictures until they release the bike to the public just like the Honda.

Visit the ThumperTalk Store for the lowest prices on motorcycle / ATV parts and accessories - Guaranteed
  • Ga426owner

Posted December 23, 2006 - 07:21 AM

Yamaha has had a 150 for several years now - a picture was floating around and even a magazine posted this 2 years ago
They however have kept this under wraps - and honda released to the public. I think you will hear more about it the next 8-9 months

• BC3

Posted December 26, 2006 - 02:45 PM

I was at Tom Whites Museum two months ago and there were some Yamaha
guys there talking about the new "MINI BIKE" I didn't believe them but it might be true.....Turbo charged 8 speed mini rocket...top speed of 97 mph! The proto
type was seen doing 70 mph wheelies just by turning the throttle..DUDE! I want one...I was able to get a picture of one of the other protos....

Posted Image

• KJ790

Posted December 26, 2006 - 05:01 PM

That picture that was in the magazine was an artist's rendition of what the bike could look like. It was photoshopped.

• DPW

Posted December 26, 2006 - 07:41 PM

I wish Yamaha would hurry my wife needs a new bike....

• Twig323

Posted December 28, 2006 - 08:46 PM

Im pretty sure i saw in a issue of Dirtrider that the Yamaha has a 150f in Japan that should be competing with the honda in 08

Related Content

Is the 2016 GYTR Yamaha YZ450F too fast? by Fryboy

Dirt Bike   Special Interest Forums   Pro Racing
  • * - - - -
  • Hot  241 replies

Need help by Goforaride

Dirt Bike   Dirt Bike Technical Forums   Suspension
  • Hot  68 replies

Snake pit oct 30th by The Anvil

Dirt Bike   Dirt Bike Regional Discussion   California
  • Hot  35 replies

Thinking about Yamaha 250... by Arctic Pride

Dirt Bike   Special Interest Forums   Pro Racing
  • Hot  491 replies

YZ450F 03 Sparks driving me crazy by SirAttard

Dirt Bike   Make / Model Specific   Yamaha   YZ 400/426/450
  • 5 replies

Join Our Community!

Even if you don't want to post, registered members get access to tools that make finding & following the good stuff easier.

If you enjoyed reading about "" here in the ThumperTalk archive, you'll LOVE our community. Come join ThumperTalk today!

The views and opinions expressed on this page are strictly those of the author, and have not been reviewed or approved by ThumperTalk.