YZF 450 Pipe on 2005

2 replies to this topic
  • Old Man Rider

Posted December 22, 2006 - 07:13 PM

I put a YZF 450 pipe on my 2005 WR 450 - it is backfiring badly - sounds like a shotgun when starting and while riding. Any thoughts? I know some of you have done this with success - what did you do? thanks

Visit the ThumperTalk Store for the lowest prices on motorcycle / ATV parts and accessories - Guaranteed
  • clark4131

Posted December 22, 2006 - 07:18 PM

You're lean on your jetting or your pipe has an air leak in the connections somewhere...SC

• MountainMax

Posted December 22, 2006 - 09:34 PM

you have to fatten up the jets putting that pipe on, as it allows way more air to excape the engine more easily, I put an 05 yz pipe on my 06 wr and had to jet er up, also have to twist the throttle twice before starting when cold, even with the choke on, or she will backfire still

Join Our Community!

Even if you don't want to post, registered members get access to tools that make finding & following the good stuff easier.

If you enjoyed reading about "" here in the ThumperTalk archive, you'll LOVE our community. Come join ThumperTalk today!

The views and opinions expressed on this page are strictly those of the author, and have not been reviewed or approved by ThumperTalk.