FCR carb problem

5 replies to this topic
  • dbleon

Posted December 22, 2006 - 03:42 PM

Hey all, ive been fine tuning my FCR carb and everything was ok, but today i went to change the clip position on the needle, and i rotated the throttle as i always do to bring the needle up, but this time i rotated the throttle a little too much and the little box (sorry dont know the name) fell off the two arms that lift it. So i put the box back on the lifters and now when i turn the throttle it gets stuck at the top, and is limited to only a small turn. It is also very rough. Has anyone had a similar problem??? Im sorry if the description is a little wierd. Any help would be greatly appreciated. Thanks
:thumbsup: :devil: :smirk: :smirk:

• Fullbore4

Posted December 22, 2006 - 04:38 PM

Sounds like its in backwards or perhaps not all 4 of the black rollers are intact. I would unscrew the one screw that holds the slide roller arms and take the slide out completely to make sure all rollers are right. Look at the carb picture in your manual or on-line for reference.

• dbleon

Posted December 22, 2006 - 04:40 PM

The rollers are all intact, but i'm starting to think somthings wrong with the roller arms...what could go wrong here??? Bent???

Visit the ThumperTalk Store for the lowest prices on motorcycle / ATV parts and accessories - Guaranteed
  • PirateJeff

Posted December 22, 2006 - 04:57 PM

Same thing happened to mine and it was due to the shop I bought it from cut the throttle stop screw way to short. If you take the cover off the side of the throttle pulley/cam, I could see it would rotate to far and go past where the accelerator pump spring arm (probally not the right term) would hold it open and not let it come back. I pressed the spring forward and the throttle returned., installed a yz throttle stop and have not had a problem since.

• dbleon

Posted December 22, 2006 - 05:11 PM

Ya... that sound like what it might be... how much fo the yz part??

• Fullbore4

Posted December 22, 2006 - 06:35 PM

Same thing happened to mine and it was due to the shop I bought it from cut the throttle stop screw way to short. If you take the cover off the side of the throttle pulley/cam, I could see it would rotate to far and go past where the accelerator pump spring arm (probally not the right term) would hold it open and not let it come back. I pressed the spring forward and the throttle returned., installed a yz throttle stop and have not had a problem since.

Good thing you didn't stick that throttle wide open in a bad spot. Some shops can get away with anything!

x

Join Our Community!

Even if you don't want to post, registered members get access to tools that make finding & following the good stuff easier.

If you enjoyed reading about "" here in the ThumperTalk archive, you'll LOVE our community. Come join ThumperTalk today!

The views and opinions expressed on this page are strictly those of the author, and have not been reviewed or approved by ThumperTalk.