2007 YZ450F reviews

18 replies to this topic
  • FeliX 450

Posted December 22, 2006 - 01:46 PM

Hey guys to all you 07 YZ450F owners out there plz give some feedback on the bike handling, powerplant, suspension etc. Im thinking about getting one and your reviews would be helpfull :smirk: And all Yamaha haters, Honda Lovers, Kawi guys out there dont tell me to go and get a Honda or Kawasaki or whatever, because i won't. In TransworldMX 450 shootout it got 3rd place but i could careless, i just want some feedback from you TT'ers :thumbsup:

Thanks 4 Info in advance :devil:

• thumperwrestler

Posted December 22, 2006 - 01:52 PM

There's a vid posted in the WR/YZ section. Not sure if you saw it yet.

• Ranger18

Posted December 22, 2006 - 03:09 PM

Unfortunatly I don't have an 07, but I do have the 06. Bike handles like a dream, and corners like it's on rails. 07 is even better from the reviews. Power is great, real smooth. If your looking for a hard hit, look somewear else. The bikes seem to like the Dr. D exhaust for better low end power, which the 06 could use. In 07 they created a little more low end power, and the exhaust still helps. On the shoot out you can see that the yamaha made less HP than some of the other bikes, but I think that is because the jetting is still way off. Grab a 48 pilot and 168 or 170 main.(I would think that the correct jetting might give it an extra horse, as well as much improved throttle responce.)
If you are into jumping than I think this is the bike for you. It feels great in the air, almost non existant to me, plus the landings are smooth as silk. The 07 should feel the same because I don't think yamaha made any changes to the suspension other than the rear shock is a little longer, but that is to help the bike turn, nothing else.

I hope this helps in some way.

• ZingerRoost

Posted December 22, 2006 - 03:32 PM

Hey guys to all you 07 YZ450F owners out there plz give some feedback on the bike handling, powerplant, suspension etc. Im thinking about getting one and your reviews would be helpfull :smirk: And all Yamaha haters, Honda Lovers, Kawi guys out there dont tell me to go and get a Honda or Kawasaki or whatever, because i won't. In TransworldMX 450 shootout it got 3rd place but i could careless, i just want some feedback from you TT'ers :thumbsup:

Thanks 4 Info in advance :devil:

Hey I think I know you, you live in San Diego right! JK

• markit

Posted December 22, 2006 - 03:38 PM

Dont read the mags at all for info, hell they for the most part pick the honda and look where its at dead last in most cases.lol The Yam and the Kaw and Suz are the way to go. the Kawa looks good but if i was getting a bike for just moto I would get the YZF, the hondas a terd with perfum on it.:thumbsup:

• Drfletcherdc

Posted December 22, 2006 - 03:56 PM

Depends on what you want. I don't know why people say that the Yami doesn't have it to it. It's a smoother hit than other bikes and I think that is a good thing. The Yamis power is very linear. The center of gravity on the bike is low so it lays over easier than you would expect it to. The bike will rail and if you put your butt on the edge of the seat and turn it will corner even better. The only complaint I had about the bike is my fork seal after almost a year needs to be replaced. Oh yeah and the bolt that holds my subframe on fell out lucky I found it before my race. My brother won't even ride is KTM anymore until he buys a Yamaha.

• IndyGasGas

Posted December 22, 2006 - 05:19 PM

Quote- "The center of gravity on the bike is low so it lays over easier than you would expect it to. The bike will rail and if you put your butt on the edge of the seat and turn it will corner even better."

Is this the case with the newer YZ's? Because over the years I've ridden them and I awlays felt like they were top heavy and I was sitting 'on' the bike. I could never get used to that feel. I went with a Honda because they are so comfortable for me. Thinking about Yamaha for next bike.

• ZingerRoost

Posted December 22, 2006 - 05:28 PM

Dont read the mags at all for info, hell they for the most part pick the honda and look where its at dead last in most cases.lol The Yam and the Kaw and Suz are the way to go. the Kawa looks good but if i was getting a bike for just moto I would get the YZF, the hondas a terd with perfum on it.:thumbsup:

Hey man what the heck you talkin about, if you think hondas are bad then keep it to yourself, you dont have criticize them I think your comment is a terd with perfum on it

Oh by the way you know that honda took the top 10 spots in the baja 1000 for the mx class:ride: :devil:

Oh by the way you know that honda won both the 250f and the 450f shootouts for transworldmx:ride: :smirk:

• Blank Stare

Posted December 22, 2006 - 05:41 PM

Hey man what the heck you talkin about, if you think hondas are bad then keep it to yourself, you dont have criticize them I think your comment is a terd with perfum on it

Oh by the way you know that honda took the top 10 spots in the baja 1000 for the mx class:ride: :thumbsup:

Oh by the way you know that honda won both the 250f and the 450f shootouts for transworldmx:ride: :devil:

Don't forget Honda also won the award for eating valves:p I rode an 07 and i felt sooo goood compared to my 04. I think I'm going to wait till 08 for a new YZ

Visit the ThumperTalk Store for the lowest prices on motorcycle / ATV parts and accessories - Guaranteed
  • FeliX 450

Posted December 22, 2006 - 10:21 PM

Oh by the way you know that honda took the top 10 spots in the baja 1000 for the mx class:ride: :smirk:

Oh by the way you know that honda won both the 250f and the 450f shootouts for transworldmx:ride: :smirk:

lol u just sayin that cuz u got a Honda if u had a Yamaha u wouldnt have said that! and the guy who said that Hondas won the award 4 eating valves i SALUT him cuz he is right :thumbsup: yea sure when the bike is new the valves are good but ride 4 a year and say good byr to ur STEEL valves and Yamahas TITANIUM valves will just keep on goin :devil:

THATS BECUASE YAMAHAS WERENT THERE

• Drfletcherdc

Posted December 23, 2006 - 07:12 AM

Quote- "The center of gravity on the bike is low so it lays over easier than you would expect it to. The bike will rail and if you put your butt on the edge of the seat and turn it will corner even better."

Is this the case with the newer YZ's? Because over the years I've ridden them and I awlays felt like they were top heavy and I was sitting 'on' the bike. I could never get used to that feel. I went with a Honda because they are so comfortable for me. Thinking about Yamaha for next bike.

The older YZs were top heavy. I just rode my buddies 04yzf 450 and it was night and day difference. His just didn't want to stay in the ruts like my 06. There is nothing top heavy about the newer generation of Yamahas.

• rjboschjr

Posted December 23, 2006 - 10:48 AM

Honda's for the masas Yamaha's for the enthusiast:p

• Ranger18

Posted December 23, 2006 - 06:01 PM

I think some people forgot what the question was.. This is not a bike bashing forum, it's a how good is this particular bike forum. Did I sell my CRF for my 06yzf? Yes... Do I like my YZF more? YES... Do I feel that the bike has helped my riding ability? YES... Am I going to say that my CRF was a piece of Sh!t? NO, it was a fun bike, that did have some problems after a while, and didn't handle as well as my new bike, but if it was as good as my new bike than I wouldn't have bought the YZF. If you have the $$$ get the 07 YZF, if your short a little get the 06 YZF if you can still find one.
PS those shoot outs are only based on some very skilled riders opinions, and you might notce that there are some extreme time differences between one rider and the next, from one bike to the other. They are to be taken with a grain of salt, plus they only ride the bikes for a day so they can't adapt to the bike, nor can they tell you what the maintance is going to be like.

• FeliX 450

Posted December 24, 2006 - 11:22 AM

thanxs ranger finally a good piece of advise :thumbsup:

any more ppl who got an 07 and how happy they are with it?

• SK1NN3R

Posted March 26, 2012 - 08:30 PM

I picked up a 07 Yz450f about a month ago. Still -20 here in the frozen north and about a foot of snow. Cant wait to try it out . Upgreaded from a cr250 so im anxiously waiting to see the difference.

• idahoexcr500

Posted March 30, 2012 - 06:36 AM

I bought an 07 a couple of years ago. Past bikes before it were an 03 YZ250 2T and 05 CRF 450R. I am really happy with the YZ450. Its a really good overall bike for me in my 50s. Smooth power, great suspension and its been super relaible. Handling is good, very stable and forgiving but does not turn real quick. Suspension is very plush for me at 180 lbs. Did need to dial it in but works well in the desert and in the mountains here in Idaho. Motor is deceptivly smooth, hook up is really good. Bike is faster than it feels.
Much better bike for me than my last two bikes. I think the 06 is very similar but may have more low end power. 08 got some frame changes, I think they turn better. Normally after 2 years with a bike I'm ready for another one. But I'm still very happy with my 07 after more than 2 years. All I have done to the motor is timing chain replacement and valve adjustment (once). Basic maint is easy too, lots of room for the air filter (unlike my CRF) and oil changes are easy. Carb, not so easy though but thats the case for most of the newer 4 strokes.
Hope this helps

• Yamiryder

Posted March 30, 2012 - 04:22 PM

this thread was started in 06..... :thumbsup:

• dirtlife1990

Posted February 04, 2016 - 09:04 AM

I'm getting a 07 today and Damn this forum was started in 06 !!!! It's 2016 wow

• grayracer513

Posted February 04, 2016 - 09:39 AM

You dug it up. :excuseme:

Related Content

x

Join Our Community!

Even if you don't want to post, registered members get access to tools that make finding & following the good stuff easier.

If you enjoyed reading about "" here in the ThumperTalk archive, you'll LOVE our community. Come join ThumperTalk today!

The views and opinions expressed on this page are strictly those of the author, and have not been reviewed or approved by ThumperTalk.