Has anyone used AllBallsRacing bearings?

13 replies to this topic
  • Ga426owner

Posted December 22, 2006 - 12:45 PM

http://www.allballsr...repair_kits.htm

• CaseyWR450

Posted December 22, 2006 - 12:46 PM

Just put all balls steering stem bearings in my 01YZ250F. Work great so far.

• 642MX

Posted December 22, 2006 - 12:48 PM

I've used them alot. They have a good product.

• yz007f

Posted December 22, 2006 - 04:13 PM

I dont like them. I haven't had any luck with them, their specs are out on some bearings.

• WRider250

Posted December 22, 2006 - 05:58 PM

I am a support rider for them as the owner has been one of our closest friends for very many years and I will say that they occasionally have some parts out of spec but on the other hand, they sell an extremely high quality part. I've never had any trouble with them b/c if something didn't fit they got me new stuff right away. They also are the manufacturer of Moose bearings as well as several other brands which All Balls labels with there name. There kits have always seemed very well equiped as they contain alll of the necessary parts for a full rebuild of whatever part your doing.

• JimmyBee

Posted December 22, 2006 - 06:05 PM

CR 500 Front wheel bearings and mains "ALL BALLS" No problems.

• YZRob

Posted December 22, 2006 - 06:29 PM

I have used many wheel and steering stem bearings from them. The Wheel bearings seem to wear a bit prematurely, but I do alot of mud and creek riding. I sometimes think I can float my 426, but it's more like an anchor:bonk:

Visit the ThumperTalk Store for the lowest prices on motorcycle / ATV parts and accessories - Guaranteed
  • David37

Posted December 22, 2006 - 08:58 PM

My friend tried AllBalls steering stem and wheel bearings and they didn't even last one riding season. I guess "you get, what you pay for" in this case cheap bearings that don't hold up.

• YZF_MXracer71

Posted December 22, 2006 - 11:59 PM

my cosion has used them and loves them. i used to use pivot works but i really hate them they never last or go in good so now i use all OEM bearings.

• 642MX

Posted December 23, 2006 - 09:00 AM

my cosion has used them and loves them. i used to use pivot works but i really hate them they never last or go in good so now i use all OEM bearings.

Yamaha OEM front wheel bearings (same on the rear) are not sealed, Pivot Works and All Balls are. Sealed bearings should last 10 times as long. I would think twice about buying OEM bearings.

• Vibeguy

Posted December 23, 2006 - 03:50 PM

As a millwright/vibration analyst who has dealt with all sizes and types of bearings for the last 28 years including plain, rolling element, ceramic rolling element, magnetic, fluid pivot, tilt pad and air beaings I will tell you hands down that if you want the best bearings for your bike take the old bearings, or the numbers off the old bearings to a bearing supply house such as US Bearings or BESCO and ask for a replacement bearing made by SKF, Fafnir, FAG, NTN or in the case of steering head bearings Timken.

This is the first I've heard of ALLBalls bearings but I can garantee you they do not manufacturer the bearings they sell. I would make sure they don't purchase low quality bearings from North Korea, Tiawan or China and repackage them. What is stamped on the bearing? Do they have a part number? Do they have the name of the mfg on them? Ask them who makes their bearings. If they sell quality, name brand bearings at a reasonable price then go fot it. If you have no way to identify who they get their bearings from look somewhere else.

The internet/ebay is full of cheap POS bearings from these countries and you get what you pay for. A good quality sealed SKF wheel bearing will run you $12-$15 ea and should last at least a couple seasons for a pro and the life of the bike for a novice.

All rolling element bearings have a calculated "L10" life, this is the estimated time in hours that the bearing will last under a certain speed and load. Fully 90% of the rolling element bearings in service today fail before they reach their rate L10 life, Why? Improper bearing for the service, lubrication, either too much or too little, and installation error.

Buy a quality bearing and do some research on the net to learn the proper installation techniques and you and your scooter will be smiling:ride:

Buy cheap, no name bearings and beat them in........:thumbsup:

• David37

Posted December 23, 2006 - 07:15 PM

Vibeguy great post about bearings, sounds like you definately get what you pay when it comes to bearings.

• grayracer513

Posted December 23, 2006 - 08:33 PM

...if you want the best bearings for your bike take the old bearings, or the numbers off the old bearings to a bearing supply house such as US Bearings or BESCO and ask for a replacement bearing made by SKF, Fafnir, FAG, NTN or in the case of steering head bearings Timken.

Great post. Add NICE, Torrington, and RBC among others to your list. You won't find the same quality as OEM bearings in a skin pack from a parts house for 2/3 of OEM prices, sealed or not. And the brand names mentioned are even better than OEM.

• Terrain Rider 4z

Posted December 24, 2006 - 08:54 AM

I used All Balls and Pivot Works in the rear wheel of my XR600. Both brands did not last but a year. I used two sets of each just to make sure it was the bearings that were bad, then switched to bearings from a local bearing house that lasted 2.5 years. Stick with quality!

Also, I am not totally sold on sealed bearings. Theoretically they are supposed to keep water and dirt out. I have found dust in these bearings and have to believe water enters quite frequently. If water makes its way in, it may have a tough time getting out, leading to more corrosion.

Related Content

Forums
Photo

Is it worth it? (Cam and High compression piston) by macgi77

Dirt Bike   Make / Model Specific   Honda   CRF 150/230 F/L
  • Hot  36 replies
Forums
Photo

YZ450FX OR YZ450F by MESSMAKER

Dirt Bike   Make / Model Specific   Yamaha   YZ 400/426/450
  • Hot  30 replies
Forums
Photo

Should I buy this bike? help....... by Numsa Hul

Dirt Bike   General Dirt Bike Forums   What bike should I buy?
  • 10 replies
Forums
Photo

2016 YZ450 by CaptainKnobby

Dirt Bike   Dirt Bike Technical Forums   Suspension
  • Hot  59 replies
Forums
Photo

BIGBORE FOR YZ450F 2006? by Taattie94

Dirt Bike   Make / Model Specific   Yamaha   YZ 400/426/450
  • 5 replies

x

Join Our Community!

Even if you don't want to post, registered members get access to tools that make finding & following the good stuff easier.

If you enjoyed reading about "" here in the ThumperTalk archive, you'll LOVE our community. Come join ThumperTalk today!

The views and opinions expressed on this page are strictly those of the author, and have not been reviewed or approved by ThumperTalk.