need a rear wheel

9 replies to this topic
  • jevc

Posted December 22, 2006 - 09:01 AM

I need a rear wheel for a 426. the bearings went out and ruined the hub. I cant understand why it happened so fast. I just checked the bearings a couple weeks ago and all looked good. then on one ride the bearings went and took the spacer and the hub with it. Anyway, the rim is a bit bent and might as well replace that when I get a new hub. anybody got a good used one they arent using?

• NavyNuke

Posted December 22, 2006 - 07:31 PM

nope sorry, but any yamaha 99-06 has the same hub at least the YZ and WRs do. even the 2 strokes.

• Luigic81

Posted October 10, 2007 - 11:29 AM

I have a '04 WR450 and I want an extra rim to mount a street tire and or sand tire for quick changes. Will any 18inch rim fit? For example on ebay there is a bunch of 18inch rims from really old yamahas or even other makes..... Or does it have to be specific to my bike? Also does anyone have one to sell me??

• Birdy426

Posted October 10, 2007 - 09:31 PM

Check e-bay. I saw a cople on there tonight

• Luigic81

Posted October 10, 2007 - 10:02 PM

Check e-bay. I saw a cople on there tonight

Yea I saw those also, but i wasn't sure which ones would fit my bike....
Will any 18 inch rim fit? One of the ones on ebay was off a 1975 yamaha...

Visit the ThumperTalk Store for the lowest prices on motorcycle / ATV parts and accessories - Guaranteed
  • JMathis

Posted October 14, 2007 - 04:00 PM

I have a 19 inch rim that works on the wr's and I would be willing to part with it. I had intended on putting more street friendly tires on the 18 inch and running the 19 inch when I was off roading. That turned into more trouble than it was worth. Make me an offer if you are still looking.

• Luigic81

Posted October 15, 2007 - 06:55 AM

I have a 19 inch rim that works on the wr's and I would be willing to part with it. I had intended on putting more street friendly tires on the 18 inch and running the 19 inch when I was off roading. That turned into more trouble than it was worth. Make me an offer if you are still looking.

I currently have an 18inch rear that I use for off roading, Would it make more sense to use the 19 for offroad and the 18 for street? Also do they make 18inch street tires? I know my gixxer runs 17.5's ...? Thanks, also what price range are we looking at for the rim? and do you have an extra front?

• JMathis

Posted October 15, 2007 - 05:22 PM

I currently have an 18inch rear that I use for off roading, Would it make more sense to use the 19 for offroad and the 18 for street? Also do they make 18inch street tires? I know my gixxer runs 17.5's ...? Thanks, also what price range are we looking at for the rim? and do you have an extra front?

You can get 18 inch dual sport tires but I do not know about true road tires. I do have the matching front rim as well. I never got it to work on my WR since it was off a YZ it does not have the correct spacer since the WR uses the speedo gear. All I needed to do was to go get the spacer that the YZ uses but I just never got around to it. As far as a price goes, I don't know make me an acceptable offer for the both if you need them. I did not notice a difference between the 18 and 19 but I am sure there is someone on here that will say there is a difference that you would feel.

• Luigic81

Posted October 15, 2007 - 09:06 PM

So is the problem with the front wheel fitting due to the odometer, cuz I disconnected that cable? Or would I still need a spacer? What size is the front a 21 inch?

• JMathis

Posted October 16, 2007 - 05:22 PM

Yes, you would still need a spacer. I have my speedo disconnected as well but since the YZ wheel does not have a speedo it requires a spacer in it's place. Yes the front wheel is a 21 inch.

x

Join Our Community!

Even if you don't want to post, registered members get access to tools that make finding & following the good stuff easier.

If you enjoyed reading about "" here in the ThumperTalk archive, you'll LOVE our community. Come join ThumperTalk today!

The views and opinions expressed on this page are strictly those of the author, and have not been reviewed or approved by ThumperTalk.