Springs...plz help with some info. xr650r

3 replies to this topic
  • Maroast

Posted December 21, 2006 - 07:11 PM

I posted this in the suspension forum....but there was only one response and I wanted to see what some xrr riders had to say.

I have a 2006 xr650r

The stock springs for my bike are .43kg/9.2kg front/rear. From the charts I’ve seen, this setup is ideal for someone weighing ~165lbs. I tend to bounce around between 165 and 175...more towards 175 though.

My question is: should I get springs for a 200lbs rider?

I have a dual sport kit, 4.5 gal Clarke tank, fender pack w/ tool & tube….plus all the gear I wear … this crap must add up to at least 25lbs. So am I correct in getting springs for a 200 lbs rider (.45kg/10kg)?

I feel as though the bike is under sprung. I ride fast desert and get airborn on occasion. I haven’t had any problems with bottoming out, but get some high speed knifing (I’m getting ahead of myself here). Any input would be great…:thumbsup:

t-bone

• Max Power

Posted December 21, 2006 - 08:32 PM

Eibach 10.5's here.

Posted Image

Visit the ThumperTalk Store for the lowest prices on motorcycle / ATV parts and accessories - Guaranteed
  • Maroast

Posted December 21, 2006 - 09:40 PM

Max power, I dont follow. Is your situation similar to mine...and you installed a 10.5 rear spring? Or you got a 10.5 for sale for me? :thumbsup:

• weskc35k

Posted December 21, 2006 - 10:45 PM

If you are not bottoming out with all that junk i wouldn't bother changing ,the knifing though please explain and someone may be able to guide you.
It's probably a rebound thing if you ain't bottoming.

Related Content

x

Join Our Community!

Even if you don't want to post, registered members get access to tools that make finding & following the good stuff easier.

If you enjoyed reading about "" here in the ThumperTalk archive, you'll LOVE our community. Come join ThumperTalk today!

The views and opinions expressed on this page are strictly those of the author, and have not been reviewed or approved by ThumperTalk.