Feb MXA 4stroke shootout

9 replies to this topic
  • cappy79

Posted December 21, 2006 - 12:50 PM

Honda #!
Yamaha 2 (front end pushes & "Its too modern...hard to believe")
Suzuki 3
Kawi 4
KTM 5

• 642MX

Posted December 21, 2006 - 01:06 PM

Sounds like Honda cut them another paycheck......:thumbsup:

I wonder how many valves they went thru on the Honda during the test.... :devil:

• Ga426owner

Posted December 21, 2006 - 01:11 PM

MXA stated many times they prefer the Chuggier power of the CRF to the smoother power of the YZF.....funny how they constantly change their minds after 2-3 yrs.......no typical....another stupid magazine test opinion :thumbsup:

• letmein

Posted December 21, 2006 - 01:13 PM

I wonder how many valves they went thru on the Honda during the test.... :devil:

Probably none. In 2006 Honda updated their valve seat material which is supposed to have fixed the intake valve eating problem, which appears to be the case.

• 642MX

Posted December 21, 2006 - 01:26 PM

Probably none. In 2006 Honda updated their valve seat material which is supposed to have fixed the intake valve eating problem, which appears to be the case.

I was making a joke. Don't get your panty's in a wad. :thumbsup:

Visit the ThumperTalk Store for the lowest prices on motorcycle / ATV parts and accessories - Guaranteed
  • Huckster

Posted December 21, 2006 - 01:43 PM

Cycle new choose it #1, Transworld #3 behind the Honda and Kawi.

• Reyndogg

Posted December 21, 2006 - 01:47 PM

I cant believe so many people really care about these. It isnt like 99% of the riding population can ride ANY of these bikes to the limit anyway. Just go buy what you like, what you feel comfortable on, or whatever...sheesh. :thumbsup:

• SaddleBackAgain

Posted December 21, 2006 - 02:58 PM

True. But who of us doesn't flip directly to the page to see anyways?! We all want to know if we picked the winner...

• 700MX

Posted December 21, 2006 - 03:51 PM

I hammered laps on the 07 CRF, it is a sweet bike. I rode the yami, and had more fun on it, felt more hooked up, and clocked better lap times. I bought the yami!

• katoom525sx

Posted December 21, 2006 - 04:22 PM

If any one is paying them it is yamaha. I rember reading that they used yamahalube for all there 2 strokes premix.

Go figure I use honda premix and tranny oil in my YZ

Related Content

x

Join Our Community!

Even if you don't want to post, registered members get access to tools that make finding & following the good stuff easier.

If you enjoyed reading about "" here in the ThumperTalk archive, you'll LOVE our community. Come join ThumperTalk today!

The views and opinions expressed on this page are strictly those of the author, and have not been reviewed or approved by ThumperTalk.