Moose Sprokets-Any Good?

4 replies to this topic
  • King_Air

Posted December 21, 2006 - 12:35 PM

Hey, I have gotten a set of Moose sprokets for my 2000 426. I thought I was ordering Tag, but clicked the wrong item I guess!

My question is are the Moose worth keeping or should I return them and get the Tag ones that I really wanted?

Thanks

• 642MX

Posted December 21, 2006 - 12:41 PM

All sprockets are about the same. I'd keep the ones you have.

Visit the ThumperTalk Store for the lowest prices on motorcycle / ATV parts and accessories - Guaranteed
  • never59

Posted December 22, 2006 - 10:04 AM

Hey, I have gotten a set of Moose sprokets for my 2000 426. I thought I was ordering Tag, but clicked the wrong item I guess!

My question is are the Moose worth keeping or should I return them and get the Tag ones that I really wanted?

Thanks

Keep the moose! I got a pair for cheap and they lasted much longer that the renthals.
I buy the rocky mountainatv primary drive now, last a long time and so much cheaper than everyone else

• bigbluerider4life

Posted December 22, 2006 - 01:55 PM

do not get aluminum!!!!!! tag is steel front and alum rear...

always get steel, though they are a lil heavier you wont notice and they will last 5 times longer than any aluminum sprocket out there
aluminum sprockets look nice but they wear out in a week or two if you ride often

i bought my kx250 with moose sprockets on it and theyve lasted 10 months + with no signs of teeth wear yet, im a JT guy so i didn't really like the mooses at first but theyve held up fine

• grayracer513

Posted December 22, 2006 - 07:22 PM

aluminum sprockets look nice but they wear out in a week or two if you ride often

The Tag aluminum rear on my '03 is quite well over a year old. Explain that.

Related Content

x

Join Our Community!

Even if you don't want to post, registered members get access to tools that make finding & following the good stuff easier.

If you enjoyed reading about "" here in the ThumperTalk archive, you'll LOVE our community. Come join ThumperTalk today!

The views and opinions expressed on this page are strictly those of the author, and have not been reviewed or approved by ThumperTalk.