does anyone think the rear brake is too touchy?

8 replies to this topic
  • Just_a_trail_rider

Posted December 21, 2006 - 09:01 AM

I think that the rear brake on my wr is really touchy. It locks up way too easily.

I know that I sometimes don't have enough weight over the rear for it to really stop the bike, but it locks up too much for my liking.

Is there a way to give myself a little more "feel" out the rear. In other words, I want more feedback from the rear brake pedal.

The front, on the other hand, has better feel to it.

• Koko Azuela

Posted December 21, 2006 - 11:18 AM

I think that the rear brake on my wr is really touchy. It locks up way too easily.

I know that I sometimes don't have enough weight over the rear for it to really stop the bike, but it locks up too much for my liking.

Is there a way to give myself a little more "feel" out the rear. In other words, I want more feedback from the rear brake pedal.

The front, on the other hand, has better feel to it.

Adjust the rear brake pedal!!!! that will fix it!!!

• Paewraul

Posted December 21, 2006 - 11:50 AM

Set up the brake pedal a little lower.

• WGP

Posted December 21, 2006 - 11:51 AM

I would guess your pads are shot and glazed over.
It goes from not stopping to stop and no in between. I have found that even with alot of pad left they are done. Iv'e tried sanding cleaning ect...

Buy some EBC pads and change your brake fluid.:thumbsup:

Visit the ThumperTalk Store for the lowest prices on motorcycle / ATV parts and accessories - Guaranteed
  • Just_a_trail_rider

Posted December 21, 2006 - 01:04 PM

OK. I will try that. lower the pedal, change the pads and fluid.

Got it. Thanks

• GCannon

Posted December 21, 2006 - 01:41 PM

Clean the caliper and all caliper pins clean and lube the slide pins get everything clean and moving freely clean the pads and rotor while your in there (or replace pads and clean rotor)

• handlebar

Posted December 21, 2006 - 05:42 PM

Organic(some call graphite) brake pads will give a MUCH better feel and less grabyness feel to your brake...BUT will wear quicker especially in sand or mud.They also do not squeal like metalic pads and because the pad material insulates heat much better than the material on metalic pads you are much less likely to boil your brakes.They will wear quicker....but at least for me I like them.On muddy days or racing in sand I always use metallic pads.

• MountainMax

Posted December 21, 2006 - 07:32 PM

Yeah, it's not normal forsure, I find i have to press my rear brake harder then i should to get it to work, definately not too touchy here.....

• pkcof

Posted December 21, 2006 - 09:18 PM

and if you damage your rear brake hose like i did (fencing wire around the back wheel) and replace it with a s/s braided line you will find that they are even more 'touchy'

x

Join Our Community!

Even if you don't want to post, registered members get access to tools that make finding & following the good stuff easier.

If you enjoyed reading about "" here in the ThumperTalk archive, you'll LOVE our community. Come join ThumperTalk today!

The views and opinions expressed on this page are strictly those of the author, and have not been reviewed or approved by ThumperTalk.