After market kickstand

50 replies to this topic
  • Terrain Rider 4z

Posted December 24, 2006 - 10:48 AM

I love my PMB! One of the best investments for riding with the wife and other gals. I am not tree dependent and can help them a lot easier than those without a stand. My only complaint with the PMB is that it is a little long and I have to find a low spot in the trail. On the plus side, this stand does not bounce and stays up at all times, including jumps. If you have a bike that you use for MX you could leave it on or pull it in about 5 minutes.

• fLUNX

Posted January 23, 2007 - 07:25 AM

the PMB isn´t it bolt on the swingarm?
The trail tech.. seems to me more "bike" friendly... no drilled needed, right?

cheers, fLAVIO

• WB450

Posted January 23, 2007 - 01:45 PM

the PMB isn´t it bolt on the swingarm?
The trail tech.. seems to me more "bike" friendly... no drilled needed, right?

cheers, fLAVIO

No I bought one, it goes between the foot peg and the frame, it's assume, I love it.:lol:

• grayracer513

Posted January 23, 2007 - 02:01 PM

...it's assume, I love it.

FYI:

as·sume
Pronunciation: &-'süm
Function: transitive verb
Inflected Form(s): as·sumed; as·sum·ing
Etymology: Middle English, from Latin assumere, from ad- + sumere to take -- more at CONSUME
1 a : to take up or in : RECEIVE b : to take into partnership, employment, or use
2 a : to take to or upon oneself : UNDERTAKE <assume responsibility> b : PUT ON, DON c : to place oneself in <assume a position>
3 : SEIZE, USURP <assume control>
4 : to pretend to have or be : FEIGN <assumed an air of confidence in spite of her dismay>
5 : to take as granted or true : SUPPOSE <I assume he'll be there>
6 : to take over (the debts of another) as one's own

awe·some
Pronunciation: 'o-s&m
Function: adjective
1 : expressive of awe <awesome tribute>
2 a : inspiring awe <an awesome task> b : TERRIFIC, EXTRAORDINARY <had an awesome time>

• yamaha racing 230

Posted January 23, 2007 - 05:55 PM

i have a trail tech its good and its 80 bucks i got it from http://www.rockymountainatv.com/ good luck on ure pick

• Terrain Rider 4z

Posted January 23, 2007 - 07:30 PM

FYI:

as·sume
Pronunciation: &-'süm
Function: transitive verb
Inflected Form(s): as·sumed; as·sum·ing
Etymology: Middle English, from Latin assumere, from ad- + sumere to take -- more at CONSUME
1 a : to take up or in : RECEIVE b : to take into partnership, employment, or use
2 a : to take to or upon oneself : UNDERTAKE <assume responsibility> b : PUT ON, DON c : to place oneself in <assume a position>
3 : SEIZE, USURP <assume control>
4 : to pretend to have or be : FEIGN <assumed an air of confidence in spite of her dismay>
5 : to take as granted or true : SUPPOSE <I assume he'll be there>
6 : to take over (the debts of another) as one's own

awe·some
Pronunciation: 'o-s&m
Function: adjective
1 : expressive of awe <awesome tribute>
2 a : inspiring awe <an awesome task> b : TERRIFIC, EXTRAORDINARY <had an awesome time>

:lol:

And by the way, the PMB stand mounts using stock holes at the subframe junction and lower chain roller. This is in no way a cheap or corny mounting system, it is top notch! :confused:

• fLUNX

Posted January 24, 2007 - 01:36 AM

No I bought one, it goes between the foot peg and the frame, it's assume, I love it.:ride:

which did you bought?

regards,

fLAVIO

• WB450

Posted January 24, 2007 - 07:57 AM

which did you bought?

regards,

fLAVIO

I bought the PMB.

• MikeDD

Posted February 05, 2007 - 04:50 PM

Has anyone seen or tried one of those trikstands yet? I'm curious to know how it's held into the axle. According to the instructions the first step when using it is to simply slide it out. That makes me wonder how easily it could come loose when riding.

• BergArabia

Posted February 05, 2007 - 09:34 PM

PMB is very easy to install. Looks great, strong and functional..
Got my vote also

Visit the ThumperTalk Store for the lowest prices on motorcycle / ATV parts and accessories - Guaranteed
  • WB450

Posted February 06, 2007 - 07:57 AM

Posted Image

:censored: :ride: :lol: :applause: :applause: :applause:

• gawarrior

Posted March 14, 2007 - 07:23 AM

ok, who sells the Pro Moto Billet Kickstand for the 06 yz450f? Mine is all supermoto'd out so I need a kickstand so I can ride it on the street some too!

• WB450

Posted March 14, 2007 - 07:28 AM

Try promotobillet.com.

YZ450F 2006-07 Kick-it Kickstand $149.95

• MikeDD

Posted March 14, 2007 - 08:38 PM

Try promotobillet.com.

YZ450F 2006-07 Kick-it Kickstand $149.95

Has anyone found it cheaper from another source? Looks like you have to buy the PMB kickstand directly from them. I don't even see it in the TT store...

• DuelRule

Posted March 14, 2007 - 08:52 PM

Pro Moto is really the only way to go. Took the OEM stand off the 450x and put the PMB on. Was almost a wash after selling the OEM stand. Ebay is a great thing! Bought two at separate times for under $80. shipped. New. Scored! :applause:

Check the price at http://monkeybuttparts.com/ it might save a little too.

• black_n_blue_thumper

Posted March 14, 2007 - 09:08 PM

Has anyone checked to see if the new WR's kickstand will work now that they are aluminum frames as well?:applause:

• gawarrior

Posted March 15, 2007 - 05:31 AM

I ordered mine from www.cyclebuy.com it was 146.00 shipped. listed for 138.00. I think that is pretty much the going price for one. Mine should be here today or tomorrow!

Now I get to terrorize the streets on my 06 yz450:ride:

Posted March 15, 2007 - 07:25 AM

You asked for opinions and opinion are like ******** - everyone's got one but some stink more than others.

With that said here is my opinion:

I have a 2007 YZ450F and I'd be embarrased to have a kickstand anywhere near my bike let alone on it.

• gawarrior

Posted March 15, 2007 - 07:50 AM

You asked for opinions and opinion are like ******** - everyone's got one but some stink more than others.

With that said here is my opinion:

I have a 2007 YZ450F and I'd be embarrased to have a kickstand anywhere near my bike let alone on it.

hahahha, true true. I completetly agree with that!

only reason I want one is because mine is a supermoto...but it is a supermoto racebike. I don't want a kickstand on it normally, but I am got a tag for it and put some make shift bicycle lights on it as well so I can ride it on the street and to work some. The kickstand is for nothing more than to be able to park it in the parking lot at work. lol.

• MikeDD

Posted March 15, 2007 - 09:49 AM

I ordered mine from www.cyclebuy.com it was 146.00 shipped. listed for 138.00. I think that is pretty much the going price for one. Mine should be here today or tomorrow!

Now I get to terrorize the streets on my 06 yz450:ride:

Thanks for the website! I ordered one from Monkeybutt but the guy called me today and said that they would be out of stock for two weeks. I'll try this other place :applause:

Related Content

x

Join Our Community!

Even if you don't want to post, registered members get access to tools that make finding & following the good stuff easier.

If you enjoyed reading about "" here in the ThumperTalk archive, you'll LOVE our community. Come join ThumperTalk today!

The views and opinions expressed on this page are strictly those of the author, and have not been reviewed or approved by ThumperTalk.