Will an '03 float bowl fit on an '02

6 replies to this topic
  • Goosedog

Posted December 20, 2006 - 06:05 PM

I'm trying to get my '02 426 set up with a leak jet and need to find an '03 or newer bowl. You can't get the OEM bowl by itself so I'm hoping to find a used one if they will even fit.:thumbsup:

• 642MX

Posted December 20, 2006 - 08:08 PM

If you don't mind me asking.....why?

• Goosedog

Posted December 20, 2006 - 08:14 PM

If you don't mind me asking.....why?

Trying to rid the bike of the bottom end bog that's inherent in the 426s. From what I can gather this is preferable to the BK mod.

Visit the ThumperTalk Store for the lowest prices on motorcycle / ATV parts and accessories - Guaranteed
  • 642MX

Posted December 20, 2006 - 08:19 PM

Trying to rid the bike of the bottom end bog that's inherent in the 426s. From what I can gather this is preferable to the BK mod.

I have the same bike as you. Get a JD jet kit and a Boyesen quick shot. After installing both, I have zero bog and it rips off the bottom end.

What your attempting to do could create a huge headache, but if you insist, then more power to ya. :thumbsup:

• GreenKLX

Posted December 20, 2006 - 08:23 PM

The BK mod worked great for me, I can't see it getting any better. What do you have it timed to? How is your jetting? BK mod with JD kit and my 426 runs like a spanked mule!

• TD-3

Posted December 21, 2006 - 03:56 AM

need to find an '03 or newer bowl

My 03 YZ450 does not have a leak jet, I think the 03 WR does, but not the YZ. I would just do the simple BK mod, that way you have total adjustability over the AP squirt and duration.

• Goosedog

Posted December 21, 2006 - 05:19 AM

My 03 YZ450 does not have a leak jet, I think the 03 WR does, but not the YZ. I would just do the simple BK mod, that way you have total adjustability over the AP squirt and duration.

It's my understanding that the BK mod was an attempt to compensate for the fact that these bikes came without a leakjet so I was going for the mod that would bring it more up to date.

Since I started this post however I've been in touch with JD jetting and they say that even though the 426 can benefit from the leak jet, their jet kit will cure my woes.

I tried the Quickshot AP cover and had no positive results. I've also come to believe that mod only worsens the bog because it increases the raw fuel dumped at first flick of the throttle when it needs to be leaned instead.

Related Content

Forums
Photo

Snake pit oct 30th by The Anvil

Dirt Bike   Dirt Bike Regional Discussion   California
  • Hot  293 replies
Forums
Photo

2016 YZ450 by CaptainKnobby

Dirt Bike   Dirt Bike Technical Forums   Suspension
  • Hot  59 replies
Forums
Photo

The "going back to the other darkside" adventure... by Monk

Dirt Bike   Make / Model Specific   KTM   250/350/450/505 SX-F & XC-F (4-Strokes)
  • Hot  94 replies
Wiki
WR Camshaft Swap Info - last post by jamesm113

WR Camshaft Swap Info

Articles
  • 0 replies
Forums
Photo

Is it worth it? (Cam and High compression piston) by macgi77

Dirt Bike   Make / Model Specific   Honda   CRF 150/230 F/L
  • Hot  36 replies

x

Join Our Community!

Even if you don't want to post, registered members get access to tools that make finding & following the good stuff easier.

If you enjoyed reading about "" here in the ThumperTalk archive, you'll LOVE our community. Come join ThumperTalk today!

The views and opinions expressed on this page are strictly those of the author, and have not been reviewed or approved by ThumperTalk.