Clutch switch

4 replies to this topic
  • Chuck_Nelson

Posted December 20, 2006 - 05:11 PM

OK, I was lubing my clutch cable over the weekend and when I put everything back together I found that the switch in the clutch housing came out. I looked at it and looked at if for over an hour and I just can't figure out what was holding it in. I looked in the threads and didn't really see where anyone said what holds it in. I guess I could buy a new cable and switch, but it is bugging me that I can't figure out how it was mounted. Anyone have any ideas?

• msgbean

Posted December 20, 2006 - 06:37 PM

It just snaps in. Look at it from the bottom and you will see a small square hole where the tab snaps in. It sounds like maybe that tab broke off is the reason why you can't get it to go back on.

Visit the ThumperTalk Store for the lowest prices on motorcycle / ATV parts and accessories - Guaranteed
  • justin kinzie

Posted January 07, 2007 - 06:27 PM

I purposely removed mine after buying an aftermarket clutch lever & perch. The only draw back is my bike will only start in neutral, w/ or w/o the clutch engaged. Is there any way to bypass the clutch or neutral switch, so my bike will start in gear if needed, mostly during a race????

• msgbean

Posted January 07, 2007 - 08:45 PM

I purposely removed mine after buying an aftermarket clutch lever & perch. The only draw back is my bike will only start in neutral, w/ or w/o the clutch engaged. Is there any way to bypass the clutch or neutral switch, so my bike will start in gear if needed, mostly during a race????

You should just be able to short the neutral safety switch.

• jim-in-so-ore

Posted January 08, 2007 - 02:00 PM

Just connect the two wires together and seal it with schrink tape. Thats what I did after installing a Magura setup on my WR450. Just remember you have to pull in the clutch before pushing the button or kicking it
Jim

x

Join Our Community!

Even if you don't want to post, registered members get access to tools that make finding & following the good stuff easier.

If you enjoyed reading about "" here in the ThumperTalk archive, you'll LOVE our community. Come join ThumperTalk today!

The views and opinions expressed on this page are strictly those of the author, and have not been reviewed or approved by ThumperTalk.