Carb Problems! Please help

8 replies to this topic
  • Jizz

Posted December 20, 2006 - 03:58 PM

I have a 01' 426 that runs perfectly fine with the choke on, and when the choke is off it pops pretty much all the time. Ive cleaned the carb like 4 times being sure to clean the piolet jet and all jets for that matter. Can you clean the piolet passage way with something? Could it be valves? Thanks for all you help.

Ride on!

• StreetbikePimp

Posted December 20, 2006 - 05:48 PM

Did you just buy the bike, or did the bike just suddenly develop the problem?

It sounds like your pilot jet is too small.
What are your jet specs?

• flintlock28

Posted December 20, 2006 - 05:52 PM

Have you tried enrichening the Fuel Screw?? I'm assuming the weather is getting colder, which could lead to your lean condition.

• David37

Posted December 20, 2006 - 08:12 PM

Sounds like you have a lean condition. I would try checking your hot start plunger, if it is hanging up it would cause a lean condition. Take out the plunger, clean and lube very, very lightly with water proof grease. Also check your hot start cable to make sure it's not engaging the hot start plunger. If that doesn't work try going up one size on your pilot jet.

Visit the ThumperTalk Store for the lowest prices on motorcycle / ATV parts and accessories - Guaranteed
  • Jizz

Posted December 20, 2006 - 08:15 PM

ive owned the bike since new and never had this problem before. it was cutting out or popping a little at top end before this problem but nothing to serious. then it happened the next ride which was sad to say a month later. its fresh gas.

• Jizz

Posted December 20, 2006 - 08:16 PM

the bike was jetted at dyno jet and been running fine for years

• 642MX

Posted December 20, 2006 - 08:22 PM

Turn your fuel screw out a little and see if that helps.

• David37

Posted December 21, 2006 - 08:29 PM

Try checking your rubber air boots on both sides of the carb and look for potential air leaks. Also check your exhaust systems, an exhaust leak can cause a lean condition too.

• Ranger18

Posted December 22, 2006 - 08:44 AM

Try checking your rubber air boots on both sides of the carb and look for potential air leaks. Also check your exhaust systems, an exhaust leak can cause a lean condition too.

I had this problem once on my old CRF. You might think the airboot is on, but its so hard to see down in their that it can be bound up a little and you get a nasty air leak.

Related Content

x

Join Our Community!

Even if you don't want to post, registered members get access to tools that make finding & following the good stuff easier.

If you enjoyed reading about "" here in the ThumperTalk archive, you'll LOVE our community. Come join ThumperTalk today!

The views and opinions expressed on this page are strictly those of the author, and have not been reviewed or approved by ThumperTalk.