Ice Cube Cylinders

3 replies to this topic
  • jackcucci

Posted December 20, 2006 - 08:51 AM

well i started looking into different options for adding power and came across the max power ice cube cylinder kits....just wanted to know if any one had any expierence with this set up.....thank you

• Fastest1

Posted December 22, 2006 - 05:02 AM

I have a buddy who runs the kit on a CRF450. He seems to like it very well and the build quality is great but he still gets beat! He would never admit whether it was worth it or not after spending that much change. If you need a freshen up, I could see it. If I only increase displacement by say 10%, should I expect more than a 10% increase in power? I believe it takes an exponential increase to be noticeable.

Visit the ThumperTalk Store for the lowest prices on motorcycle / ATV parts and accessories - Guaranteed
  • Dirty_Sanchez

Posted December 24, 2006 - 09:15 AM

For a mere mortal (like most all of us are here), more cubes won't make us faster in the woods or on the track.

Skiill of the rider...

In my humble opinion, these 450's make more power than any of us can manage.

Now if your name is Chad, Bubba, Ricky, etc. I'd say more cubes might make you faster.

If you haven't gotten your suspension done by someone that knows what they're doing, I'd say spend your fun tokens on that upgrade before all others.

• jackcucci

Posted December 24, 2006 - 10:46 AM

Dirty,i'm sorry i didn't put in the post that the engine in a quad between the extra weight of the quad and haveing to spin an axle and two wheels some power is lost..Now add to the fact that i'm 265 that engine is doing alot of work:mad:

Related Content

Thinking about Yamaha 250... by Arctic Pride

Dirt Bike   Special Interest Forums   Pro Racing
  • Hot  491 replies

Snake pit oct 30th by The Anvil

Dirt Bike   Dirt Bike Regional Discussion   California
  • Hot  57 replies

YZ450F 03 Sparks driving me crazy by SirAttard

Dirt Bike   Make / Model Specific   Yamaha   YZ 400/426/450
  • 5 replies

Is the 2016 GYTR Yamaha YZ450F too fast? by Fryboy

Dirt Bike   Special Interest Forums   Pro Racing
  • * - - - -
  • Hot  241 replies
WR Camshaft Swap Info - last post by jamesm113

WR Camshaft Swap Info

• 0 replies

Join Our Community!

Even if you don't want to post, registered members get access to tools that make finding & following the good stuff easier.

If you enjoyed reading about "" here in the ThumperTalk archive, you'll LOVE our community. Come join ThumperTalk today!

The views and opinions expressed on this page are strictly those of the author, and have not been reviewed or approved by ThumperTalk.