Battery recomendations

4 replies to this topic
  • MN_Paul

Posted December 19, 2006 - 08:11 PM

My WR needs a new battery and was wondering if there is any preferred ones. The reason I am asking is that there is one for sale on ebay (new for $25) that is a sealed non gel type (made by Yusa). Since the battery is on its side, does it need to be a gel type or just a sealed unit?

Thanks,
Paul

• NavyNuke

Posted December 19, 2006 - 09:27 PM

interstate sells the OEM Yusa one for less than any catalog. just an FYI

Visit the ThumperTalk Store for the lowest prices on motorcycle / ATV parts and accessories - Guaranteed
  • Indy_WR450

Posted December 20, 2006 - 05:02 AM

You cant beat the stock Yuasa. Get a tender while you are at it and your battery will last. I just replaced my original battery after 4 years because it was time, but it still works good and holds 12.9 volts. The new battery holds 13.2 volts. $72.00 is about the best price out there for our batteries.:thumbsup:

• handlebar

Posted December 20, 2006 - 03:58 PM

My WR needs a new battery and was wondering if there is any preferred ones. The reason I am asking is that there is one for sale on ebay (new for $25) that is a sealed non gel type (made by Yusa). Since the battery is on its side, does it need to be a gel type or just a sealed unit?

Thanks,
Paul

If you want to save a pound or two.You can purchase a 4 or 5 amp sealed lead acid from a online battery shop or most car part dealers.They are around $40.They will not spin the motor as long as the stock battery but plenty long enough for me to get it started especially when warm.It is working good for me.

• farkawi

Posted December 20, 2006 - 06:13 PM

You cant beat the stock Yuasa. Get a tender while you are at it and your battery will last. I just replaced my original battery after 4 years because it was time, but it still works good and holds 12.9 volts. The new battery holds 13.2 volts. $72.00 is about the best price out there for our batteries.:thumbsup:

Indy is right on here. The Stock Yuasa is a quality piece. Cheap batteries are just that. Cheap. A properly serviced and maintained stock battery will last for years.

x

Join Our Community!

Even if you don't want to post, registered members get access to tools that make finding & following the good stuff easier.

If you enjoyed reading about "" here in the ThumperTalk archive, you'll LOVE our community. Come join ThumperTalk today!

The views and opinions expressed on this page are strictly those of the author, and have not been reviewed or approved by ThumperTalk.