NEED HELP! AP diaphram and TPS

2 replies to this topic
  • redright

Posted December 19, 2006 - 05:07 AM

Bike has been sitting for a while, I know shame on me. Going riding on Thursday. Was getting the bike tuned up and found it riding rough. Found the AP diaphram destroyed and suspect a bad TPS as it is riding rough at higher rpm. I disconnected it and it seems to run fine. Problem is I cannot find these in stock. I'm in Socal. If anyone knows where I can get these overnighted or at least find them closer to me it would be appreciated.

Visit the ThumperTalk Store for the lowest prices on motorcycle / ATV parts and accessories - Guaranteed
  • StreetbikePimp

Posted December 19, 2006 - 10:24 AM

I would highly doubt that your TPS is bad. It might need to be adjusted, but if it's giving you the correct OHMs reading, then the actual part itself should be fine.

Have you tried throughly cleaning your carb and jets?

• Fastest1

Posted December 19, 2006 - 06:43 PM

Buy a new diaphragm and skip the TPS. I would think Sudco has both. But the TPS isnt needed.

Related Content

Forums
Photo

Snake pit oct 30th by The Anvil

Dirt Bike   Dirt Bike Regional Discussion   California
  • Hot  293 replies
Forums
Photo
Motocross

Thinking about Yamaha 250... by Arctic Pride

Dirt Bike   Special Interest Forums   Pro Racing
  • Hot  491 replies
Forums
Photo

Chubby dad, looking at bikes , First trip to the orange/black forum ! by Slow_ride

Dirt Bike   Make / Model Specific   KTM   250-530 EXC/MXC/SXC/XC-W/XCR-W (4-Strokes)
  • Hot  28 replies
Wiki
WR Camshaft Swap Info - last post by jamesm113

WR Camshaft Swap Info

Articles
  • 0 replies
Forums
Photo

2016 YZ450 by CaptainKnobby

Dirt Bike   Dirt Bike Technical Forums   Suspension
  • Hot  59 replies

x

Join Our Community!

Even if you don't want to post, registered members get access to tools that make finding & following the good stuff easier.

If you enjoyed reading about "" here in the ThumperTalk archive, you'll LOVE our community. Come join ThumperTalk today!

The views and opinions expressed on this page are strictly those of the author, and have not been reviewed or approved by ThumperTalk.