new exhaust for wr

3 replies to this topic
  • AZWR400

Posted January 01, 2002 - 11:58 AM

Got a new pipe for x-mass, Yoshimura with titanium head pipe. No mj size included with instructions.Per service tech I went with mj175 WR has throtal limiter cut down, grey wire cut, airbox open. any suggestions or oppinions please reply

• jim-in-so-ore

Posted January 02, 2002 - 04:47 AM

AZ426,\
What are you going to do with the stock exhaust system? I would be interested if you give me a price..
Thanx, Jim

Visit the ThumperTalk Store for the lowest prices on motorcycle / ATV parts and accessories - Guaranteed
  • Ynahg

Posted January 02, 2002 - 04:54 AM

You may try a 175MJ, but you should tell more about your settings. Try the 175, chack the plug, your may have to stay with a 172 or 170 (commonly)

Good luck

• Lil_Bill

Posted January 12, 2002 - 12:40 AM

I gotta admit I was a tad bit slow on this little mod but I have an extreme fear and dislike for carb work. Yesterday I got my bike back from the shop to have it rejetted,I am actually kinda embarassed that I took it in and payed for a shop to do this but oh well.
I have a y2k WR with white bros e-series s-bend and the shop put in a 45pilot from the original 42 and the main went from 165 to 170 fuel screw 2 turns out.
I had planned on waiting till sunday to find out how the changes did.......couldn't wait. At three this afternoon I loaded the bike and drove out to the trail for about fifteen minutes of daylight. Holy cow!!!!!!! The change was unbelievable. It starts twice as easy, no more hang just above idle, no more cough just as you roll on the gas and the power ouch!
Wish I had done this a long time ago!

x

Join Our Community!

Even if you don't want to post, registered members get access to tools that make finding & following the good stuff easier.

If you enjoyed reading about "" here in the ThumperTalk archive, you'll LOVE our community. Come join ThumperTalk today!

The views and opinions expressed on this page are strictly those of the author, and have not been reviewed or approved by ThumperTalk.