quickshot

11 replies to this topic
  • racegmc

Posted December 17, 2006 - 07:44 PM

Anyone tried the boyesen quickshot on a 2006 yz450f yet? I was wondering if it helped the bottom end like it says. Mine now does not bog so I was wondering if it was worth it. Or has anyone had results with it!

• 2012 450 xc-w

Posted December 18, 2006 - 09:32 AM

If at ain't broke, don't fix it!

• NM_KDX200

Posted December 18, 2006 - 02:45 PM

Prior to buying a YZ450F, I'd read all about this low-end bog so when I got my '04 (NOS, 2 mos ago), I was all prepared to get a Quickshot. I have to admit, I don't feel a bog anywhere on the stock bike. I give it gas, it goes, no bog, no hesitation, no flat spots. You wanna feel a bog, go ride a KX125 (my scoot 2 scoots ago, and I loved that bike...) and try to go from idle to anywhere.

But then again, my dealer re-jetted the bike for me and he knows his stuff. Maybe that's the difference?

• Baron Von Beard

Posted December 18, 2006 - 08:32 PM

I rejetted my bike and it felt fine until I did the AP mod and threw in a 70 leak jet. It cleaned it up so much that the bottom end and mid came alive. Buy the leak jet, do the mod and you'll be amazed.

• bigjohn450

Posted December 20, 2006 - 08:04 PM

i too just rejetted and put on the AP cover and i could tell a difference in response it rev's quicker and it helped bottom and mid range power. i got the stealth AP cover same as boysen just cheaper 50.00 at local dealer does the same thing.

• twenty34

Posted December 28, 2006 - 09:08 PM

I rejetted my bike and it felt fine until I did the AP mod and threw in a 70 leak jet. It cleaned it up so much that the bottom end and mid came alive. Buy the leak jet, do the mod and you'll be amazed.

Hello, do you have any additional information on how to perform the AP mod for an 06 YZ450? Are there instructions/images posted anywhere so I can follow along?

I guess based on your response this helped the power delivery quite a bit?

Thanks!

Visit the ThumperTalk Store for the lowest prices on motorcycle / ATV parts and accessories - Guaranteed
  • kxman

Posted December 28, 2006 - 09:15 PM

I don't see the need for the Quickshot. Do the AP wireing mod. I did it on my 06 YZ450F. Just follow the instructions for the Honda. There is no need to do anything to the rivet on the diaphram. I did not change the leak jet at first, but later changed it to a 65. Really did not notice any difference between the 2 leak jets. To do the mod I did not remove the carb from my bike. The mod is sweet and very much worth doing.

• TapptOut

Posted January 02, 2007 - 02:33 PM

How do u do the AP mod? Can someone give me a link? I could not find it in the search. If you cant find a link can you tell me what to search for?

• black_n_blue_thumper

Posted January 02, 2007 - 10:10 PM

I have done the AP mod and put a quickshot on my O6. The main reason was because I run the Rekluse and it is very sensitive to 'flame out' caused from bogging or hesitation. It really seemed to help prevent that alot. The Zip Ty fuel screw helped a ton too because I can make fine adjustments as the temps/altitude changes during the day.

• black_n_blue_thumper

Posted January 02, 2007 - 10:11 PM

How do u do the AP mod? Can someone give me a link? I could not find it in the search. If you cant find a link can you tell me what to search for?

Look at the very first post at the top of the page. Its there.

http://www.thumperta...ad.php?t=447989

• RobRantzow

Posted January 03, 2007 - 05:01 PM

Can you do the BK mod on 2006 carb for yz450?

• grayracer513

Posted January 03, 2007 - 05:16 PM

The BK mod clearly states it is only for 426 models.

IMO, the '06 needs no carb modification other than correct jetting. However, there is an accelerator pump modification for the '06. Check the mods thread at the top of the index.

Related Content

Forums
Photo

Michigan Motocross Tires by 288yz450

Dirt Bike   Dirt Bike Regional Discussion   North
  • 1 reply
Forums
Photo

Snake pit oct 30th by The Anvil

Dirt Bike   Dirt Bike Regional Discussion   California
  • Hot  293 replies
Forums
Photo

Chubby dad, looking at bikes , First trip to the orange/black forum ! by Slow_ride

Dirt Bike   Make / Model Specific   KTM   250-530 EXC/MXC/SXC/XC-W/XCR-W (4-Strokes)
  • Hot  28 replies
Forums
Photo

YZ450F 03 Sparks driving me crazy by SirAttard

Dirt Bike   Make / Model Specific   Yamaha   YZ 400/426/450
  • 5 replies
Forums
Photo

Megabomb Fitment by 288yz450

Dirt Bike   Make / Model Specific   Yamaha   YZ 400/426/450
  • 1 reply

x

Join Our Community!

Even if you don't want to post, registered members get access to tools that make finding & following the good stuff easier.

If you enjoyed reading about "" here in the ThumperTalk archive, you'll LOVE our community. Come join ThumperTalk today!

The views and opinions expressed on this page are strictly those of the author, and have not been reviewed or approved by ThumperTalk.