Twin air oval air box vents?

1 reply to this topic
  • pgiinc

Posted December 17, 2006 - 07:33 PM

anyone used these or have any photos of some?
thanks

http://shop.thumpert...fault.asp?p=990

Visit the ThumperTalk Store for the lowest prices on motorcycle / ATV parts and accessories - Guaranteed
  • motopsycho650

Posted December 21, 2006 - 04:49 AM

I have not had experience with those. It looks to me that they would be tricky to install. the hole cut in the air box would have to be perfect size. Maybe they give you something to help cut out the hole.

On my 650R, I just cut out the side panel, and did the riveted screen. It added a lot of air, so much I had to up the main jet & the pilot jet. The downside is, be prepared to clean your air filter, a LOT more often.

The oval things will probably have to be cleaned almost every ride if you want peak performance. I'm not sure what they are made of, foam or cotton, but I'm sure they will clog fast in really dusty conditions.

Related Content

Forums
Photo

Fell Off Trailer by usafxr

Dirt Bike   Make / Model Specific   Honda   XR600/650
  • Hot  43 replies
Reviews

Honda XR650L 2016 by Chris.GVS

Honda XR650L 2016
  • - - - - -
  • 0 reviews
Forums
Photo

DirttyPig 2005 Xr650l Prroject! by braapmebb1moretime

• 22 replies
Forums
Photo

Would a Young Scott Summers still be Competitive today on an XR600R? What would he ride to be competitive today? by Jayzonk

Dirt Bike   Special Interest Forums   Pro Racing
  • Hot  158 replies
Forums
Photo

ignitech programmable XR650L CDI by brianhare

• Hot  60 replies

x

Join Our Community!

Even if you don't want to post, registered members get access to tools that make finding & following the good stuff easier.

If you enjoyed reading about "" here in the ThumperTalk archive, you'll LOVE our community. Come join ThumperTalk today!

The views and opinions expressed on this page are strictly those of the author, and have not been reviewed or approved by ThumperTalk.