2006 Xr650r

8 replies to this topic
  • gringo1450

Posted December 17, 2006 - 05:46 PM

My bike is brand new how long should I break it in before uncorking

• glabudde

Posted December 17, 2006 - 05:56 PM

Congrads. I was pretty disappointed in the bike at first. Before uncorking it overheated and was hard to start. Since uncorking starts within a kick or two and no overheating. Did it about a year and half ago.

I did mine within 100 miles. But take get more opinions from some of the more experienced guys in the forum. I understand that the only reason Honda sells in this condition is due to air regs and it is not the way it is supposed to run - for $70 and a few hours it's a whole new machine.

I used to live across the lake in WI.

• knuklehead

Posted December 17, 2006 - 06:49 PM

bought mine uncorked right from the dealer Berkeley Honda and plated

• XR4DEZ

Posted December 17, 2006 - 07:39 PM

Never rode mine corked.

Visit the ThumperTalk Store for the lowest prices on motorcycle / ATV parts and accessories - Guaranteed
  • Maroast

Posted December 17, 2006 - 07:41 PM

I bought my 06 brand new and ran it hard from day one.

My previous bike was a KLR and I followed the break in to a T...dont go above 3k rmp for the first 500miles, then dont go above 4k for the next 500miles... It wasnt that boring because it was my first bike and i was learning to ride.

On the xrr I worked it pretty hard from day one and its still running great over 6000 miles later...pulls like a monter (roll on wheelies in 4th) burning no oil that I can tell. :bonk:

Uncork it ASAP!!! the bike sucks stock and like the other posters said it runs better. I waited like 300+ miles before uncorking and what a waste. It use to boil over before it was uncorked...now, no problems.

Do it now or else!!!!:smirk: :thumbsup: :smirk: :devil: :cry:

• XR4DEZ

Posted December 17, 2006 - 08:02 PM

Break in was about 15 minutes and I have 17k desert miles on it as of today.

• Miguel159

Posted December 18, 2006 - 08:02 AM

Hey Gringo: I uncorked my 06 as soon as I got it home. Then I rode the shit out of it :thumbsup: . (I changed the oil after the first ride though).

• gringo1450

Posted December 18, 2006 - 04:02 PM

Sweet I getting out the hole saw

Thanks too all

I looks like winter is not showing up here in Michigan

so time to ride :thumbsup:

• loufish

Posted December 19, 2006 - 03:39 AM

Never rode mine corked.

Ditto here...Had about $900 of aftermarket parts bought and waiting before I bought the bike, never rode her, got home from the dealer and straight to the garage for a horse power make-over!
There is not reason to wait, I recommend not waiting at all.

Related Content

Post Apocalypse, ThumperTalk style! by Justin Pearson

Dirt Bike   General Dirt Bike Forums   General Dirt Bike Discussion
  • Hot  35 replies

FCR40 Tuning Woes- XR600R by aTuWitty

Dirt Bike   Make / Model Specific   Honda   XR600/650
  • Hot  37 replies

Fell Off Trailer by usafxr

• Hot  43 replies

1993 XR600R rebuild by ove

• Hot  40 replies

Which thumper motor for a street tracker? by woz

Dirt Bike   General Dirt Bike Forums   General Dirt Bike Discussion
  • * * * * -
  • Hot  29 replies

Join Our Community!

Even if you don't want to post, registered members get access to tools that make finding & following the good stuff easier.

If you enjoyed reading about "" here in the ThumperTalk archive, you'll LOVE our community. Come join ThumperTalk today!

The views and opinions expressed on this page are strictly those of the author, and have not been reviewed or approved by ThumperTalk.