WOW!!!!! What a bike

1 reply to this topic
  • Rethy

Posted December 17, 2006 - 06:21 AM

I owe you guys on this website big. I almost bought the DR400S but instead picked up a plated 2006 650R based on what I have read on this site and others. Had to drive 16hrs round trip to get it. Test rode it and was impressed with the power and how nimble the bike feels. The bike already has an edelbrock carb, FMF power core silencer, Lynx computer and baja designs D/S kit and absolutely RIPS!!!! What an impressive bike to ride.I race a 250 2smoker and will have no trouble adapting. The weight is not noticable while riding. The rear sprocket was changed to a 38 and I will go back to stock so I will need a new chain (shortened). What is the procedure for removing the manual odometer? Is there a spacer I can buy from Honda? I don't like the way the cable bends out to hook branches and don't need it with the Lynx. Pulling the cable and silicone seems too cheesy for such a nice bike. I now know why you guys say this bike is magic.------------Rethy in Iowa looking for fellow dualsporters

Visit the ThumperTalk Store for the lowest prices on motorcycle / ATV parts and accessories - Guaranteed
  • pburke

Posted December 17, 2006 - 07:54 AM

I got pretty much the same deal this summer (same carb and muffler, plated) and drove 10 hours round trip to get mine :thumbsup: Definitely one of my better buys.

On my bike, the odometer cable was removed and I added a small plastic cap that came with my Vapor computer to seal that hole. There's also a spacer you can buy to repolace it at XRsOnly I think if you don't find something that securely plugs that hole. That spacer is $15 or so.

regarding the gearing - stock is 14-48 which is fine for normal trails. Single track may need shorter (at least with me riding), or a Rekluse clutch, for highway I liked the 15-45 I got with the bike when I bought it. I'm in the process of getting me a second wheel set and a new chain so I can swap from dirt to street in an hour or less.

Related Content

Cle Elum Sunday 5/29: Looking for dual sport tips by TigerTanker

Dirt Bike   Dirt Bike Regional Discussion   Northwest
  • Hot  32 replies

What was your path to Beta? by officialhopsof

Dirt Bike   Make / Model Specific   Beta
  • Hot  79 replies

Post Apocalypse, ThumperTalk style! by Justin Pearson

Dirt Bike   General Dirt Bike Forums   General Dirt Bike Discussion
  • Hot  35 replies

1993 XR600R rebuild by ove

Dirt Bike   Make / Model Specific   Honda   XR600/650
  • Hot  41 replies

Wiseco 101MM Spark Knock Low Engine Temps by imandrewparks

Dirt Bike   Make / Model Specific   Honda   XR600/650
  • 7 replies

Join Our Community!

Even if you don't want to post, registered members get access to tools that make finding & following the good stuff easier.

If you enjoyed reading about "" here in the ThumperTalk archive, you'll LOVE our community. Come join ThumperTalk today!

The views and opinions expressed on this page are strictly those of the author, and have not been reviewed or approved by ThumperTalk.