Kill switch wires?

5 replies to this topic

Posted December 16, 2006 - 10:12 PM

I'm trying to help a friend install a BD kit. We are trying to hook up the kill switch and here is the problem. The previous owner removed it. So right now you need to dump the clutch to stop the engine. Anyway where do the stock wires come out of the stock harness and what color are they? Any help would be great. RJ

• hypersthenos

Posted December 17, 2006 - 12:37 AM

Should be a single black/white wire coming from the stock harness.

Posted December 17, 2006 - 02:11 AM

Thanks hypersthenos,
Then it goes to a green wire that is a ground I'm guessing.

Visit the ThumperTalk Store for the lowest prices on motorcycle / ATV parts and accessories - Guaranteed
  • hypersthenos

Posted December 17, 2006 - 09:16 AM

Sorry, forgot to mention that. If you have further questions I still have the manual for my BD DSK.

• suharianu

Posted December 17, 2006 - 09:35 AM

black/white to cdi ,the other to ground

Posted December 17, 2006 - 10:33 AM

Thank you for all the help. We searched the wiring harness and that was the only two wires that were unpluged but it is great to beable to confirm it with you folks. This is comming out as good as I could hope. The hard part has been adapting the kit to use the 8 inch BD headlight that came on the bike so there no place to hide the relay, horn and front harness. But we are close to having it all worked out. Thanks again for the help.

Related Content

Join Our Community!

Even if you don't want to post, registered members get access to tools that make finding & following the good stuff easier.

If you enjoyed reading about "" here in the ThumperTalk archive, you'll LOVE our community. Come join ThumperTalk today!

The views and opinions expressed on this page are strictly those of the author, and have not been reviewed or approved by ThumperTalk.