07 fuel milage

4 replies to this topic
  • msgbean

Posted December 16, 2006 - 04:36 PM

I finished my first tank of gas in my 07 WR450. With agressive riding I went 43 miles before needing to swith to reserve. Thats 24 MPG leaving me with another 7 miles on reserve for a total of 50 miles on a tank of gas. This is the only thing I regret on the new bike. Everything else I love.

• Murray Dorward

Posted December 17, 2006 - 10:54 AM

I managed to get 64km before I went onto reserviour. In total I did 71.9km and had fumes left. But so what it was the best 71.9km that I have riden on a bike so far.

Cheers

Muz

Visit the ThumperTalk Store for the lowest prices on motorcycle / ATV parts and accessories - Guaranteed
  • MountainMax

Posted December 17, 2006 - 12:26 PM

All depends on how you drive, and it may get marginally better as the enging is broken in....But a bigger tank would cure that..

• TWILES

Posted December 17, 2006 - 07:04 PM

I get anywhere from 20 - 30 out of my 05 depending on how I ride it.

• hondacrf150f1

Posted December 18, 2006 - 11:52 AM

I finished my first tank of gas in my 07 WR450. With agressive riding I went 43 miles before needing to swith to reserve. Thats 24 MPG leaving me with another 7 miles on reserve for a total of 50 miles on a tank of gas. This is the only thing I regret on the new bike. Everything else I love.

Agressive...:thumbsup:
you should do heat cycles to break the bike in...and dont go over half throttle for the first tank...

x

Join Our Community!

Even if you don't want to post, registered members get access to tools that make finding & following the good stuff easier.

If you enjoyed reading about "" here in the ThumperTalk archive, you'll LOVE our community. Come join ThumperTalk today!

The views and opinions expressed on this page are strictly those of the author, and have not been reviewed or approved by ThumperTalk.